Sonic Electronix

this is some bullsh*t!

I used probond wood glue.... no age for that.

but i work at wally world and they do have some dumb restrictions. 16 to get a pocket knife, nothing for a box cutter, 18 for krylon spray paint, nothing for the cheap spray paint

but you should be postin up a build log as you build it.......

I was considering starting one, but i dont have a HU yet and its gonna be a few more weeks before I do.

and, I want to have everything done before I start so there isnt any brake period.

then again tommarow the box is gonna be built, so I can do some pics tommarow of all the nicely cut wood, then show how I wrap a box my way ;3

fritos : wally doesnt have a restriction on spray adhesive do they? I need some spray-adhesive for the material still >.>

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

suppose i'll pick up some titebond, how much should I need for this box?

(38x12x24 -inches)

<I know it isnt a massive box, 5.4 cube is a little small for my tastes, but I need below window-line in this jimmy>

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

I was considering starting one, but i dont have a HU yet and its gonna be a few more weeks before I do.

and, I want to have everything done before I start so there isnt any brake period.

then again tommarow the box is gonna be built, so I can do some pics tommarow of all the nicely cut wood, then show how I wrap a box my way ;3

fritos : wally doesnt have a restriction on spray adhesive do they? I need some spray-adhesive for the material still >.>

i like a slow build log better than waitin till its done and just postin..

but theres no restriction on spray adhesive. if you just got a flat box the the super 77 will do good. if you gotta do alot of stretching look at lowes for the super 90.

i like a slow build log better than waitin till its done and just postin..

but theres no restriction on spray adhesive. if you just got a flat box the the super 77 will do good. if you gotta do alot of stretching look at lowes for the super 90.

tommarow I suppose I'll pick up the super 77 and some titebond 3, this is gonna be a fun day...

guess I might as well stencil my name on this blank dustcap since I got nothing better to do.

I could always sleep...

but... this case of mtn dew aint gonna drink itself, im pullin' a 2 nighter baby! :D

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

I didnt know about the glue age limit either. I knew about the spray paint & they have only ever checked my age once for it. why not use liquid nails? I used it in my corners & resined over it.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Keeps it fresh. Also its the only open shelving in the garage. It's like a maze walking from one side to the other.

Garage is full of woodworking tools, yard tools, mechanics tools, and a washer dryer. If ever I need to work on something, I probably have what I need in the house. Now finding it is another story(I.E. I have like 8 different sets of metric line wrenches. I can never find them when I need them, but when I go to put the new one away there's the other 5 of them...... I think they hide until I get back from the store.....)

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

Archived