FISH CHRIS, and others thinking of building a NEW pc

Today was the "HARD" launch of the SKT 1156 Corei5/i7 CPU's and MOtherboards. These are getting very nice reviews, and the $199 Corei5 750 FREAKING MURDERS ANY CORE2QUAD/DUO CPU hands down. Obviously one of the biggest improvements in this CPU compared to the Core2 series is the intergrated "DUAL CHANNEL" memory controller (SKT 1156 on the p55 chipset will ONLY DO DUAL CHANNEL, X58 and SKT1366 will be TRIPLE CHANNEL) So, if you were to buy the "BIG 3" (mobo, CPU, RAM) your looking at ~450$ and reuse the remaining parts of your PC, and BAMMMMMM! Should make a nice performance boost, VERY NICE FOR GAMES< APPS< EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I might be building an i7 s1156 or i7 s1366 soon for my brother, he needs a new pc really bad... lol

Whats the news on fishchris's setup?

if it were me, I would hurry up and buy a i7 (skt1366) i920, Intel is killing this chip off VERY SOON, so it wont compete with the i7 skt1156 cpus, so personally.............I would opt for the i7 1366 for the triple channel benifit, but either way, when were talking internal memory controllers, the difference between dual/triple channel is only a few FPS different!

45nm is going to in use for atleast another 3 years, remember they are still going to make the entry level and some bottom line cpus on the 45nm like the "pentium" which is really todays new celeron, and the "E" series cpus.......32nm will be out next year, but really only the higher up cpu's, pretty much what happens on every "TOCK" process.........

Yeah I hear ya it just a cycle...phase out and bring the new stuff in to be dominant

Well I have Q9450 and Q9550...i might just give him one...

But I really like the i5/i7... it's not really mainstream still pretty high end almost as fast as the 950/975

777319156.png

oh ya, there is NOTHING mainstream about the i5/i7 "CURRENT" line up, dont get me wrong bro....By Q2 of 2010, there will be plenty of mainstream budget CPU's out for the 1156 platform though. A few dual cores w/HT, a few quad cores, NO HT, etc.... but what is out right now like that i5 750, that is high end shit in my book, damn fine CPU and seems to be highly OCable

I am using a notebook, I have no fancy shit now. With hardly any income I had to sell EVERYTHING! Hard times for sure, but im on the rebound now...I hope LOL.

EDIT....I would NOT put any money in that technology.....Sorry bro, just hitting a dead end, you know what I mean

Edited by newls1