Second Skin Audio

two 12's vs. six 10's in a trunk

I plan on buying a new project car here in a little while and was wondering what youy guys think would be more practible. I don't know what kind of car yet, still brainstorming. I wanted to plan the car around the system. I would buy an suv and be done with it but I like getting loud from the trunk. Either setup will be in a PWK designed enclosure.

For power I have two Elemental designs nine.1's. 1200 watts at one ohm each

Setup 1- both amps with two DC level four with level five coil 12's(already have)

Setup 2- both amps with six Dc level two 10s, three on each amp

Let me know what you would do and why.

I to want to get a loud as hell trunk also. SUV have so much room and they are easier in my eye to get loud.

I have 2 15" BL's in the trunk of my 4 door Cierra and I was pulling 148-149's on burps.

But I have also been kicking around the idea of going to 12 12's and walling it off. This would push a shit ton of air and get crazy loud so that is why I am thinking about this. Or maybe 4 15's.

If you got the 12's I would start there, get as much out of them and then and then make up your mind..

The 6 10's should push a lot more air then the 2 12's would and get louder, I would assume.....

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

maybe you're putting the carriage before the horse here... decide on the vehicle first, that way we can give our opinions on what would sound better in that specific vehicle. not trying to bash on ya or anything, but it would help us help you in the long run.

Corporal, USMC