Sonic Electronix

stop eqing it from the head unit. those settings are dumb leave it flat if you feel the need to tweak and play spend the money for a head unit that allows it or an external eq. it maybe louder but its not a great idea.

x2 man you really have to listen to your sub bro. make sure it doesnt sound "grainy" when playing at a loud volume. and i would definately try an external eq, because the head unit could be sending a distorted signal to your speaker. the dmm would tell you if it's your amp sending a clipped signal, so i'd do that too. you have a lot of options here, just take your time and troubleshoot it.

Corporal, USMC

Well, DMM'd it to "38"according to

RMSchart.jpg

1 ohm, 1500. Smell isn't so bad anymore. Doesn't seem as loud though. Will be building a new box next weekend or destroying this box it's in now and rebuilding it.

Either way, I hope my amp isn't f'd up. I redid all the wiring from the battery to the batcap to the amp. Rechecked all the grounds. Put in a new 250 amp fuse on the amp power wire and DMM'd the amp.

if you had to turn it down from where it was before to get it to 1500watts, chances are you were clipping it before and it made it heat up a bit

mine get a funky smell if i clip them at full blast too, not even a burnt coil smell, more of a....stink. I can blast em for hours with no problem, but as soon as it starts to clip a bit i smell it after a minute

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Well, DMM'd it to "38"according to

RMSchart.jpg

1 ohm, 1500. Smell isn't so bad anymore. Doesn't seem as loud though. Will be building a new box next weekend or destroying this box it's in now and rebuilding it.

Either way, I hope my amp isn't f'd up. I redid all the wiring from the battery to the batcap to the amp. Rechecked all the grounds. Put in a new 250 amp fuse on the amp power wire and DMM'd the amp.

turn off the EQ of your head unit. You are still clipping it. if it smells and its not brand new. thats not good.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.