Mechman Alternators

adding second alt

I tried asking this in the Electriacal Thread... but a suggestion was made for me to come here...

I have a hi output alt from a previous setup (150 idle/260 max) that was in a 93 cadillac.

I now a have a 92 caprice and of course the alt is not compatible. what i want to know is if you do a multiple alt setup do both alts have to be specifically made for your model vehicle.

In other words. can i keep the stock alt on the caprice and somehow use a dual alt bracket an attatch my old iraggi alt and still use the power it can generate?

im trying to see if i can somehow reuse the alt cuz the car engine died and i sold it to the junkyard... kept the alt but its just taking up space

I tried asking this in the Electriacal Thread... but a suggestion was made for me to come here...

I have a hi output alt from a previous setup (150 idle/260 max) that was in a 93 cadillac.

I now a have a 92 caprice and of course the alt is not compatible. what i want to know is if you do a multiple alt setup do both alts have to be specifically made for your model vehicle.

In other words. can i keep the stock alt on the caprice and somehow use a dual alt bracket an attatch my old iraggi alt and still use the power it can generate?

im trying to see if i can somehow reuse the alt cuz the car engine died and i sold it to the junkyard... kept the alt but its just taking up space

Yes, you can use any alternator you want for a multiple alternator setup.

THANKS YOU....

for answering my question.

I read another thread on here some where and this guy tried to wire up two alts and ended up getting 17 volts running with both alts and 14.4 with just one alt.

how would you hook this up?

and do you build dual alt brakets??? if you do i would need one shipped to 75203... i can get pics of the engine compartment if you need it

and would the power from both alts be combined or would you just have one running strictly to the batter for the car and the other running to a separate batt for the amps???

can you have a dual alt setup with just one batt?

THANKS YOU....

for answering my question.

I read another thread on here some where and this guy tried to wire up two alts and ended up getting 17 volts running with both alts and 14.4 with just one alt.

how would you hook this up? BOTH ALTERNATOR CHARGE CABLES TO THE POSITIVE TERMINAL OF THE BATTERY

and do you build dual alt brakets??? YES, IF I CAN GET A VEHICLE OVER THE WEEKEND TO MOCK IT UP

if you do i would need one shipped to 75203... CANT QUOTE PRICE UNTILL I FIND A TEST VEHICLE, USUALLY $500 -$1000

i can get pics of the engine compartment if you need it THAT WOULD HELP

and would the power from both alts be combined or would you just have one running strictly to the batter for the car and the other running to a separate batt for the amps??? I WOULD RUN BOTH ALTS TO ONE COMMON BATTERY BANK

can you have a dual alt setup with just one batt? YES< BUT IT WILL WORK BETTER WITH MORE BATTERY CAPACITY

See my comments above in capitols

See my comments above in capitols

can it just be one extra batt or am i looking a whole fleet of batts?

and since it is more than one batt im going to assume that all batts would be wired together with both alts tied to just one?

i know these are noob questions but im sure that you can guess that the shoe does fit...

can it just be one extra batt or am i looking a whole fleet of batts?

and since it is more than one batt im going to assume that all batts would be wired together with both alts tied to just one?

i know these are noob questions but im sure that you can guess that the shoe does fit...

Yes, just connect all the positive terminals together with 0 gauge cable, and ground all the negative terminals to the chassis. 2 0r three good sized XS power batteries would be good for up to about 7,000 watts.

I could do a dual setup for that vehicle, but I would have to use one of our thin-fit alternators, and I would have to have the vehicle for a while. I could do a pretty clean setup with twin 300 amp units, and it would even fix the belt wrap problem you have on your stock alternator right now.

I doubt you will be able to fit a large case GM unit in the seccondary location because of the dept. We can machine a large case GM unit to fit in the OEM location, but you will have to do something about the radiator hose, it will be rubbing the back of the alternator, and anything over about 200 amps will slip the belt because of the lousy belt wrap that car has.

can u do a dual kit for a honda del sol 2?

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

can u do a dual kit for a honda del sol 2?

I can do anything. The question is, if the customer can get me their vehicle, and are they willing to pay what it costs.