Second Skin Audio

EXO Needs YOU! 18" Subwoofer Enclosure Design - Ascendant Audio Mayhem

EXOcontralto

Aero ports are kind of like using a PVC pipe for the port, where you can have different length pipes that you attach to the box for different tunings.

If I understand correctly, you want a divider to isolate the rear of the vehicle from the front and this is what your calling a wall, most people understand a wall as the whole box, not just this sheet of wood, thus the confusion and frustrations. You want to make this box separate from this divider, or use the divider as the back of the box?

It would look sort of like a chair from the side view with the legs and back as one piece going really high, and the seat and front not going the full height. At least that's how I've pictured it.

In that configuration I would personally consider subs up, port forward, with the port in the middle, or subs and ports up. There may be problems with those designs that Accordman or others may know from experience of building, I'm just throwing out my ideas.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

he means changing the ports out

So like port tubes? Like cycliders?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

So like port tubes? Like cycliders?

Like one of these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a single 15 box for my car with a single 8" custom made flared port or aeroport if you will. This is the type of box that I was going to design for you if you wanted. By the way this box has done well over a 152 on the dash in my ZX3 off of just under 4K watts rms.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

That seperation Idea sounds good, it would be nice to see it carpeted with the amps mounted to it, it would look sexy.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Like one of these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a single 15 box for my car with a single 8" custom made flared port or aeroport if you will. This is the type of box that I was going to design for you if you wanted. By the way this box has done well over a 152 on the dash in my ZX3 off of just under 4K watts rms.

Are these things actually good? What would be optimal?

And wouldn't it be kinda tricky to properlly tune? - how could these ports be interchangable? - And will the sound be affected by the circular tube? It looks odd, but I just want to know what could knock wicked loud - remember, I really want to add another woofer someday,would making this be optimal?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Custom made flared ports are very hard to tune. They need to be cut and refitted to get the tuning right and can be tricky to do. On the other hand Precision ports work well because they come in several pieces and are fitted together with collars and usually duct tape or electrical tape.

They work very well and are easy to take out of a box to cut to adjust the tuning of the enclosure.

For your sub I would say that 5.5 cubes after woofer and port displacement and 2 6" aeroports the stock length that they come would be very nice. It would tune the box to 36hz and would play all day long down in the high 20hz range and would play up into the high 50hz range nicely too. The aeroports have no port turbulence and help the air exit the enclosure better and faster than a slot ported box. They are usually a db louder than a slot ported box with the same specs and power.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

^^ true dat. look at my 2 10's on 1500 watts. in my exploder

this vid was taken right after i hooked everything up(subs haven't broken in yet)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Custom made flared ports are very hard to tune. They need to be cut and refitted to get the tuning right and can be tricky to do. On the other hand Precision ports work well because they come in several pieces and are fitted together with collars and usually duct tape or electrical tape.

They work very well and are easy to take out of a box to cut to adjust the tuning of the enclosure.

For your sub I would say that 5.5 cubes after woofer and port displacement and 2 6" aeroports the stock length that they come would be very nice. It would tune the box to 36hz and would play all day long down in the high 20hz range and would play up into the high 50hz range nicely too. The aeroports have no port turbulence and help the air exit the enclosure better and faster than a slot ported box. They are usually a db louder than a slot ported box with the same specs and power.

So essentially, flared aeroported ported boxes, even though they get[retty loud when done right, are harder to make, harder to tune. and harder to hit a broad span of frequncies?

Would I really want that? SPL wise?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Hey EXO, would you want a box you can change from SPL to everyday? I've seen guys put in special screws and fasteners on slot ports and whatever, so they can interchange the ports in minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas.

isnt meade's box like that? he has a port for daily and a port for comps

Archived