Second Skin Audio

Which Sub

• 2 weeks later...
Have you ever owned 15L7s??

th_MOV02395.jpg

no but ive installed a few systems with l7's and cvx's i didnt see to much of a difference between the two but thats just my personal opinion

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

ok if its 15'si would go with the cvx's i dont like the l7's bacause a) they dont have as good of an excursion due to the square shape of the cone. and you really dont gain much at all when it comes to cone area from square to round. what kind of enclosure are you planning on putting them in and what will it be tuned to?

two things really help make a subwoofer 'louder', Sd and Xmax. Even with the low Xmax, everyone knows the L series can get loud, so kinda hard now to debate because of the low 'ratings' on Xmax they can't get loud. Another little secret, they have more Xmax that stated because of the T cut top plate. ( changes how the measurement is taken) In a ported box, IMHO, yes, you will see get louder due to more Sd.

OP: if sealed, do CVX, also small ported

larger room ported, L7

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

yea, the l7 definately seems to move mroe than it is rated for

and you can get a very tight clean sound out of an l7 in a proper box. hell i've seen solo-x18's in a very sq oriented setup where it performed pretty damn well

honestly it comes down to whether you want round or square, and i'd go round honestly, if for nothing other than the fact that the L7 is the new alpine type R and on its way to being the like most common subwoofer.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC