Sonic Electronix

find the resonate frequency of the vehicle and tune your box or play songs near that

frequency.

99% of the time the resonate frequency of a vehicle is kinda high. 46-55hz area. IMO thats too high of tuning for a daily driver.

Why is your vehicle louder with the windows down vs up?

Port...

Not enough port volume will not allow your woofers to properly unload in some cases. Rolling down the window is like making your vehicle a larger box, and allowing your woofers to unload easier.

O.K. I have another question then, is it better to face the subs up toward the roof in a SUV or is it better to aim them toward the back and why is that ?

well it depends...most people get good results with the subs up and port back,i heard an suv with subs firing to the right with the port back on the driver side and it wangs retarded...

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

well it depends...most people get good results with the subs up and port back,i heard an suv with subs firing to the right with the port back on the driver side and it wangs retarded...

dayummm that is a strange setup !!!! next time record that shiddd and post it....

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

dayummm that is a strange setup !!!! next time record that shiddd and post it....

Just check out Freeland Kustoms setup in his blazer, he had the same setup in his blazer with 2 dd 9512s. It was a PWK designed box tho, and most likely the reasoining behind the wangage!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bclassbd#play/...s/9/WGbZfNdoo6c

O.K. I have another question then, is it better to face the subs up toward the roof in a SUV or is it better to aim them toward the back and why is that ?

to answer the second part of your question, you have to aim the subs or port back so that the pressure can "load" in the rear. If you do it forward & into the cabin the subs & port dont have anything to build pressure against since the cabin is so large. if that makes sense. somebody else might be able to explain it better.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang