Silly Question about components (maybe)

What do you guys think about using, infinity reference series x-overs on the kappa perfects?

I still have my old set of speakers, reference components. I have one of them hooked up that to my Onkyo tx-sr706,

in my living room it still sound great.

Also, the reason the mid-bass was sounding bad, the glue failed where the spider meets up with the cone. when youraise the cone to a certain level,

it the spider seperates, and makes a pop sound. I am gonna attempt to repair.

Any suggestions on epoxy or glue?

TBm35aAlft.jpg

RhrSrFWasX.jpg

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

i had an mtx 7000 12 that half the spider was loose from the vc n it was still wangin but thats a sub tho, ied try to ca glue it but its hard to get it in there to acually do any good

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

mmm No way to test it with a DMM really. If you can find out the part that's damaged you can order a replacement from part-express.com and solder it on there. Could be a cap or a coil... Pretty simple fix really.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

hey I might have a extra pair of crossovers at my shop for your speaks but I'm off today with no plans of stopping in and getting roped into a install but I'll look tomorrow :clapping:

That would be sweet! Please keep me posted! THANKS

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

CA glue to repair the speaker. Sign of over-excursion though, turn up your high-pass filter on the mids, if you're running them full-range off a PDX150 you're always going to thrash them.

Crossovers, that inductor looks toast, the enamel between the wires has probably melted too which will be why your midbass sounds poo.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I have heard a lot of kappas mid bass blow even with not that much power on them.

being at 2 ohm more distortion gets involved causing more heat.

They are kappa perfects 4 ohms. I wouldn't really say its blown, Just in need of a lil glue. (the x-overs are shot though)

I hope the kappa don't go bad though, like you say. I have 2 sets, just waiting for free money, to glass the door panels add the 2nd set. (try to glass the door panel LOL). Will be pretty much be my 1st time glassing, except reinforcing a box. (never sanded or painted them)

Anyways, I hope I can get them fixed, and get a set of x-overs. I will throw them in the rear deck, for fill. I am also, thinking bout glassing that up too, the rear deck.

Mtgrooves, any luck on x-overs? If not thanks for lookin. :good:

I also have turned on my hi-pass, on deck and amp, before installing the plain old kappas. I also turned the amp way down.

CA glue, where would I get this stuff? I have heard of it on here a few times before, and is that the name? CA glue or is that short for something else?

Thanks everyone!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU