Sundown Audio

When strapping two amps.....

I don't see any speaker wires connected to the + terminals on your amps. Also the - terminals should have jumpers from one amp to the other.

Like this.

Posted Image

Those wires are connecting the amps...I just disconnected the speaker wires from the amps. This is temp placement of the equipment to test it and i had already pulled the subs to double check the wire config.

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

So you're sure everything is wired correctly. Verified impedance with a multimeter? What is you're ac voltage output?

The next thing I recommend to try is use the amps separate, un-strapped. Run both +s & -s from each sub to each amp so that the coils on each sub are paralleled to each amp.

im positive everything is wired correctly. Each sub is reading around 1.9ohms on the DMM. I matched the gain at 80 ac volts. I did this by putting the pos. to the pos. term on the master, and the neg to the pos. term on the slave. I assume that is how you would do it...

'05 GMC Envoy

The only thing i can think of is that i matched the gain wrong? Also I havent really adjusted the L/P or Subsonic filters. I think i bumped them up about 1/4, Idk if that would make much dif?

I know am i am doing something wrong they should be drawing way more current if they are funcioning properly. when i tried it at 3/4 vol @ idle my Voltage only dropped like 00.2 volts and sounded just like i did with one amp... :sorry:

'05 GMC Envoy

Set the lpf all the way up and the subsonic, phase, & bass boost all the way down. That will allow full signal through to make sure it's not a setting issue.

What type of RCA's should i be using to link the amps? With the ones i have i am getting engine noise and vocals from the subs... Could that be the the prob?

'05 GMC Envoy