Second Skin Audio

indytrucks Damp pro door kit install.

Ok so I put my name in the hat for the last door pack give away and low and behold I WON!! After a little confusion with the redemption code I had it ordered and payed my shipping fees. It arrived about a week later because they were waiting on a new batch. As soon as I got it in the door and opened it I could tell this was a quality product. The foil was nice and thick and the actual deadening material had some substance to it as well. Well, due to some time issues I couldn't get it thrown in for a minute. But today was the day.

I did the doors in my 2005 Ext. Cab Ranger. Now bare in mind, I'd never done this before so I just kind of winged it. Also, unlike previous winners I didn't receive a roller or knife. No biggie. I just used some scissors and my fingers or the rounded off end of a shorty craftsman screw driver handle. Seemed to work fine, this stuff just plain sticks.

Photobucket FTL.

Product.

P9111851.jpg

P9111852.jpg

Started with the drivers side door. Simple. no power windows or locks. Bare bones.

P9111850.jpg

Panel removed.

P9111853.jpg

Backing removed.

P9111854.jpg

doalogo-1.jpg

And that doors is done and back together.

P9111865.jpg

I could tell right away that the sound was much more full and the door closed with a noticeable thud unlike before.

NEXT!!

P9111866.jpg

P9111867.jpg

P9111867.jpg

P9111869.jpg

P9111870.jpg

P9111871.jpg

P9111872.jpg

Second door turned out better and I got much better coverage. Oh well you live and you learn right. I will definitely be ordering more of SS's product for my truck. The reduction in outside noise just from doing my doors was really noticeable. I could also instantly notice the sound stage had changed. It was much more rich than before. Ant, I hate you. Now your going to be getting more money from me to make my truck a vault :D

doalogo-1.jpg

Not much to say other than Ant should include a box of Band Aids with every order, that or just wear gloves :good:

I know

Our foil on our vibration dampers are the thickest and stronges in their classes. They tend to cut.

Compare the foil on our products with any other foil and we win, every single time.

Bandaids might be required.

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif