Second Skin Audio

Facing sub up vs. sub forward in trunk enclosure

I have an 18" in a pontiac bonneville. I faced the sub up last time and it sounded really good but I just wanted some opinions on subs facing forward. The sub wont fit facing directly forward but after thinking about it, I think if I took out my spare that I could tilt it so that the magnet would clear. Any opinions on facing the sub forward like that compared to facing up port back would be appreciated. thanks

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I inverted mine but its only a 15005.jpg032.jpg

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I have an 18" in a pontiac bonneville. I faced the sub up last time and it sounded really good but I just wanted some opinions on subs facing forward. The sub wont fit facing directly forward but after thinking about it, I think if I took out my spare that I could tilt it so that the magnet would clear. Any opinions on facing the sub forward like that compared to facing up port back would be appreciated. thanks

in "MOST" cars trunk back port back is the best..it gets loud..

hope this helps bro

Dang thats sick. To tell you the truth, facing mine up sounded reallyyy good. I just feel like I could get just a little bit more by doing this but it would be more work, just tryin to see if its worth it. I like how you sealed it off tho, thats basicly a must for facing forward isnt it

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I would do sub back port back but I don't have enough clearance to face it like that. My only other choice was to fire up port back and it was much louder than I expected. Its almost like firing it up in a suv or somethin.

Dang thats sick. To tell you the truth, facing mine up sounded reallyyy good. I just feel like I could get just a little bit more by doing this but it would be more work, just tryin to see if its worth it. I like how you sealed it off tho, thats basicly a must for facing forward isnt it

yeah its sealed off from the trunk you have to do that or it sound like crap firing them into the trunk sounds good but idk it seem like your losing to me cause your bouncing the sound around in the trunk before you get it into the cab of the car seems to me like wasted energy but its a proven way to do it and I have done it myself a few times in the past

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Yea im just tryin to make it as efficient as I can. Almost thinkin about gettin a 15 or 2 just so I can face them forward easily. I like havin the 18 in the trunk though. You think if I had any kind of deadener on the lid it would make any difference?

if your firing it into the trunk sound deadner is a must to quiet down the rattles and the flex should get louder to

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

big 3 1/0

in "MOST" cars trunk back port back is the best..it gets loud..

hope this helps bro

he's right.. in most trunks it's a good setup.. i have a trunk car.. had one lvl4xl 12 sub back port back.. did a 140..

i faced mine up.. lost like 3 db.. and gained a bunch of rattle...

heres my new trunk car setup.. does 146.xx i forgot the exact tl reading.. but it's on 1 battery.. and opitima yellow top.. and 1 run of really super shitty japanese 4 gauge.. it's like 8 gauge on the insde.. changing it to zero this week btw.. anyways heres my build.. check it out.. you could try subs and port forward like i did.. gained 7 db's this way

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry771926

don't know if that subs will fit forward though

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details