3 way door set up???

baggedon4s

Iam trying to figure out my mids and highs. What I had in mind was 2 8in mid bass, 2 6.5 mids, and 2 tweets in each of the 4 doors. Ill run a separate amp for the mid bass/mid/highs, so each will have their own amps. How would I cross them over???? Kicker KQ30 or something from audio control? Ive always just used the h/u and a 5 band, along with what ever crossovers the component sets came with, but this time there is no "sets" so no supplied crossovers

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

Just a thought, i could be way off since ive never tried this. But youll be running them active. Say you have a preamp eq that has 3 sets of outputs. 1 for front, 1 for rear, 1 for bass. If the amps have a pass thru setting so that you can run your filters on the amp, but let the signal pass thru to an output set of RCAs that was still the original signal, do that for the front and rear channels through all 3 amps. (my old blaupunkt amps i had you could do that, it had a set for input and a set for output, the output could either be filtered the same as the speaker outputs, or the filters could be bypassed.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

so rely on the amps crossovers??? Iam not to worried about the low's, Iam gonna run either 12 Hifonics HiFi 12 in a clamshell, or 24 in a diamond as a temp set up till I figure out what I wanna do with my ride. But I wanna get the mids and highs right (well atleast the doors) as I will be glassing all the doors. I just wanna make sure I have enough adjustment in the tuning to not have any "dead" zones, because I dont wanna glass my doors over and over again. If I get the doors right, ill replicate the same setup down the center console,and under the back seat(got the middle row removed, and the 3rd row moved up about a foot)

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

Archived