Equalizer

Neel, I will have to disagree on several observations

first the Rane power supply mod needed

there is more flexibility with the bit1 input wise (digital coax and toslink, 2 aux RCA, 8 high level and 6 lowlevel)

8 independant 31 band eq for each output channel

70 cut off slopes ranging from 6 to 48db and your choice of Butterworth or Linkwitz

also hi/lo/band/full range x-overs

less expensive and ready to go right out of the box

also it has time alignment for each channel up to 22ms per channel output which is somewhere around the 24' range

not saying the rane is garbage, but I would stack the bit1 up against it, plus ya got to admit the DRC controller of the bitone is by far sexier than the rane remote controls :)

I threw the bit one presentation on the website under products the other day. i can email you the "white papers" also if you need to. I will eventually get it up on the internet, but I have a few things to do and after today i will be gone for a week.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Have you checked out Rane's Drag Net software(you can download it off their site for free)? You create your own processing path depending on your needs, Also 15 band parametric EQ at whatever frequencies you want, crossover points at whatever frequencies you want. How awesome is that?! Why did you bring up signal delay...the Rane does that aswell..except it goes up to 500ms (remember its designed for pro audio). The only downside to the Rane unit in my application is that it does not have the dynamic EQ that the bitone has.. I guess I have to rely on other methods to have good sound linearity. 8 channels on the bitone is great , also the input flexibility is great however I would much rather sacrifice that and get a processor that is not infamously known to have issues. The DRC is soo sexy , I wish I could use it to control the Rane!

Too Much Stuff to list .

the Rane is a great piece there is no denying that, but for the vehicle in my personal and professional opinion it would be more of a PITA than its benefits. It has some powerful DSP's, and the 500ms delay well... you'd need that in a huge open room or arena :) because that is somewhere near 500' in delay... actually over 500'

Yes the Bit One had some issues when it was released, but usually everything does when there are many variables, especially when it comes to the tech.

Also I brought all that up, because the 2 units are equally capable, a ton of features, and mucho quality. however one is made for the vehicle and the other will need a power supply mod and to find someone capable is a pain, also what effects will it have on the electronics of the processor itself?

if you ran it and had everything done to it, I am sure it would be a bad ass piece, and would be awesome in the vehicle... I am picturing a touchscreen embedded in the dash with the software on the front screen for adjustments :)

Ya know, the last time I seen anyone mod a Rane or Alesis EQ was in 97.... so I guess it is long over due... take some pictures!!!!

Just read your sig... where the hell is the smiley face that bows down? And might I ask WTF did you not modify :D

Zed do the Rane conversion?

• 2 weeks later...