hey guys,

yesterday after finding out that dad had all the tools i needed to start the port at work with him i decided to start on getting the front tweeters in and hooked up...

first i grabbed a couple of tennis balls and a steak knife and cut holes out for the flush mounting rings that came with my tweeters:

2010-07-10170133.jpg

then i press fit the tweeters into the holes:

2010-07-10171847.jpg

and thats about it really lol, 10 minutes and $0.00 later i had some awesome essque stylez tweeter pods :)

2010-07-10172429.jpg

i started off by putting them in the corners of the dash facing between the front headrests:

2010-07-11160054.jpg

they are run active off my schneider 2 channel from 4khz up at 12db/oct and the 6.5" mids in the doors are running off one of the schneider 4 channels from 4khz down to 80hz also at 12db/oct, at the moment they are a bit harsh when the volume is cranked right up so i think i will try them more off axis and away from the windscreen a bit to reduce reflections...

after that was done redid my center console to change the cupholders over from the stock one to one with a lid from a higher model than mine:

2010-07-10172804.jpg

2010-07-10172830.jpg

i had to cut out some plastic to get it swapped over:

2010-07-10172816.jpg

2010-07-11164656.jpg

but after a few goes it fits and the lid goes up and down nicely :)

2010-07-11164716.jpg

2010-07-11164708.jpg

i was going to put my inverter in one side for running phone chargers and laptops etc but after measuring it up its too deep so im going to have to find another way to get power in there... in the other side im going to move the switches from under the head unit (speaker amps, sub amps, reversing camera and inverter) and make some better cupholders in the door pods when i fiberglass them :)

also today i took the subs back out and started cutting the new port :)

phew busy day lol... thanks for lookin :)

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

hey mate good to see a fellow aussie on the forums... my box is 1018mm deep and 1200mm wide and its hard up against the wheelarches and hits the bit of plastic above the carpetted bit on the bootlid, before it starts angling i think its about 500mm high at the back.

what are you gonna do in yours? would be great to see another walled commo out there :)

thanks mate

i was thinking about 4 15's in a box with sub up ports back than later on upgrading to 4 18's if that would fit and if not than wall it off :)

i did a box like that in a mates VY, was pretty decent, it did 142.7db legal with 800w and the JBLs i have in my car now tuned to about 38hz, then he changed to a sealed box 1500w and RE SEs and did 141 something i think... sounded awesome on music:

2010-01-13213018.jpg

i dont think 4 18s will fit behind the back seats in a commodore unless you build the box way above window line, there just isnt enough volume for them, and not enough baffle space if you go walled... that box was about 9 cubes sealed ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

lol so im a photo whore and i rarely read the textz... but why am i seeing all of these different systems and not a badazz wall?

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

the badass wall is still waiting on funds... there is pixorz and vidz of a semi badass wall on the previous page :P

also i have a broken wrist so badass wall work is a bit slower than usual at the moment, hopefully there will be badass port pixorz and vids by the end of this week :)

Australia-03-june.gif

Keep up the good work man, i know how it is to build on a budget :D

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

hey guys,

i hit the jackpot yesterday with some spare parts off a Statesman (luxury version of my car)i got new A,B and C pillars which are trimmed in suede instead of the crappy plasic that mine are made out of (the c pillars wont fir however coz they are made for a sedan and mine is a wagon):

2010-07-14145929.jpg

2010-07-14145939.jpg

i also got new sunvisors, also suede, with vanity mirrors on both sides as well as lights:

my stock ones:

2010-07-14150353.jpg

new ones:

2010-07-14150010.jpg

then i got rear seat couresy lights and the wiring loom to go with them and the sunvisor lights:

stock rear grab handles:

2010-07-14150346.jpg

courtesy lights:

2010-07-14150312.jpg

wiring loom

2010-07-14150334.jpg

and last but not least a new dash trim with the factory foglight switch for when i get a new front bar with foglights:

2010-07-14145947.jpg

hopefully with this all in my cabin should feel a bit more luxurious and not have as many rattles from the crappy plastic panels... im also going to get new kick panels probably today that are carpetted and a new leather steering wheel with factory radio control buttons :)

thanks for lookin

Australia-03-june.gif

yeah im gonna sparay them either black/grey to match the tweeter/dash or tan to match the a pillar trims once ive finalised where theyre gonna go :)

today i got some more trim panels for around the wall made up to seal it off from the back of the car... might put some pics up soon :)

Australia-03-june.gif

Archived