Sonic Electronix

i have a few ?'s im looking for advice on a box i have 2 old school jlw6 15's that ive had for awhile and whnt to use them so the ? is how much air space should i do the specs i thought was 8cuft and tuned at 29-30 whant it for daily pounduing no comps around here just whant it to flat out slap but on all types of music as poss but mostly rap based.

can go as big as 16cuft but only if needed whats the benifit of more box but same tune , also port location it is going in the ex cab of the truck in my avatar can face the subs up or forward same as for the port .

thinking about doing the sqaro porto mead did on the honda and all this will be powerd by a mtx 1500 amp two kenetik 800's and a 200 amp alt 1/0 and 8gauge

last putting the port in the middle one side which would be better and i got my tune level from mead saying his honda played all music bad ass even rock and i like to rock a lttle and some hard core mettal from time to time

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle!"

-- Winston Churchill

when I did my chevy colorado with two fifteens they were in a box that down fired them everything was stealth but you probally want to show them off so fire it forward port up or forward should sound good in that tiny cab mine did a 141.7 and the box was built for the street no comp

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

ok was thinking forward and forward with the sqauro port idea and i hope it does alot more then 141 my wifes burban did 146.8 and it was perfectly loud :hairtrick:

what about the cubes what would be the diff 8 vs 16 same tune and think 30 would be a good all around boom

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle!"

-- Winston Churchill

if your wanting numbers 35hz is a good medium, and depending on the 15"s 8 cubes is good for the 2, i have a build thread in the members section of my f150 ext cab, feel free to look at it, hopefully you can get some idea's

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

ok was thinking forward and forward with the sqauro port idea and i hope it does alot more then 141 my wifes burban did 146.8 and it was perfectly loud :hairtrick:

what about the cubes what would be the diff 8 vs 16 same tune and think 30 would be a good all around boom

when it did the 141 it was on a craptaculer 1800 watt lanzar vibe amp never metered when I put in the 2200 all you need is around 8 cubes before port and displacement around 3.5 after I think tuned to 30 is to low id go for around 36 to 38 It would beat good

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

first off the f150 build noice :clapping::clapping: second you said that its louder now with the port all the way on one side but my seats are there and it would blow the port right into the seat wouldent that make it quieter ??? was thinking of center firing the port between and subs firing into the seats ?????

and yours is 8 cubes after ?????

im not leaving these subs will be much better later down the road have a very expensive turbo v-6 to build first eaither orian hcca or re's and lots of power

-- Winston Churchill