Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

calculating port size and length


77-AUDIO

Recommended Posts

Posted

I see a lot of post you need x" of port area but it never says the length. And any of the calculators I have seen are for square boxes. RE's does a good truck box. So how do you figure out the port need for a specfic box. I have 6.0 cubic ft before displacement. I am going to use the 10" Si BM which are very simular in size to the Re Audio SE 10's.

heres are the dimensions for the new box. I want the port /ports to stick out of the middle of the box so as to not take away from the airspace. and to allow me to have several different ports for different tuning. I want some tuned to like 40 for spl and some tuned around 32 for daily driving.

newboxdesign.jpg

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Posted

Port area is based on your box size, generally you want 12-16square inches per cubic foot with slot ports, and about 9-12 with flared ports. The only thing length has to do with it is your tuning, and since you plan on doing an external port, it does not affect your internal box volume. Are you wanting to do aero ports or a slot port. With 6 cubes you will want about 72- about 80 square inches of port. So for your port would be about 5 7/8 and 12 4/8 or so to achieve 12square inches of port per cubic foot.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted
Port area is based on your box size, generally you want 12-16square inches per cubic foot with slot ports, and about 9-12 with flared ports. The only thing length has to do with it is your tuning, and since you plan on doing an external port, it does not affect your internal box volume. Are you wanting to do aero ports or a slot port. With 6 cubes you will want about 72- about 80 square inches of port. So for your port would be about 5 7/8 and 12 4/8 or so to achieve 12square inches of port per cubic foot.

Thanks. I plan on doing aero ports. now how do I determine the length. and how many ports and what size do I need. I only have an area thats 5.5" x 13.5 to work with.

I might be able to get more but not sure right now. I know I might have to do just standard PVC for the ports because of the size of the area I have to work with.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2966 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...