My build (sorry guys, haven't gotten much work done) (pics from my photo shoot on 10-24-09 inside)

So I pulled the piece off of the truck. Last night I was able to get 2 more layers on for a total of 3 layers. There will be many more to come, but I was hoping it was strong enough to pull it off. It was. Don't ask me how I know (but I might tell you anyway).

Question for GP2k2:

I had trouble removing the blue painters tape on the mirror (no foil). I read in one of your cavzilla build logs that you used spray adhesive to lay the foil down. So my question is, if I had hell trying to remove blue painters tape from a mirror, how did you remove the foil/spray adhesive from your ride? Was it hard? Do you have any tricks to make it easier?

When I was removing mine, I used a screwdriver (covered in an old rag to keep it from scratching) and put it under the tape to help pull it off. After that, I pulled like hell to remove it and it took me a few hours to remove it. The mirror was the only part still taped down (the rest of the tape on the other parts was covered in foil after being pulled off so it wouldn't stick again).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Lay your blue tape down first.Then lightly spray an adhesive on the tape,then cover the tape with foil.Use an old body filler spreader or something like it to smooth the foil out.When it comes time to pull your part,the foil and/or tape will rip..usually,you'll still have alittle tape and/or foil stuck to your project.Sand or peel it off if you want.I've also heard you can spray the foil with Pam,then lay your glass on top of it.Others use wax.Many diff. ways to go.

Hope this helps.G/L

Lay your blue tape down first.Then lightly spray an adhesive on the tape,then cover the tape with foil.Use an old body filler spreader or something like it to smooth the foil out.When it comes time to pull your part,the foil and/or tape will rip..usually,you'll still have alittle tape and/or foil stuck to your project.Sand or peel it off if you want.I've also heard you can spray the foil with Pam,then lay your glass on top of it.Others use wax.Many diff. ways to go.

Hope this helps.G/L

Thanks for the info. I had heard about the pam trick, but I'm not sure how it would work out.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

I'm not sure what is it you trying to here. FOIL and tape??

The foil keeps the glass from permanently sticking to the truck (which I don't want). Plus, you can go back and peel it off later.

Anyway, I have'nt gotten much work done lately. At least on the glass. I've been working on sketchup to design a Tline for the sub I'll hopefuly be ordering soon. I'm exporting some pics and assuming PB is working, I'll have them up soon.

Anyway, does anyone know where to get some fiberglass chopmat for cheap? I don't want cheap crap that doesn't work, but I'm tired of paying $20+ a square yard for it. The same for resin. Where can I get some good stuff for less than $70 a gallon?

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

The foil keeps the glass from permanently sticking to the truck (which I don't want). Plus, you can go back and peel it off later.

Anyway, I have'nt gotten much work done lately. At least on the glass. I've been working on sketchup to design a Tline for the sub I'll hopefuly be ordering soon. I'm exporting some pics and assuming PB is working, I'll have them up soon.

Anyway, does anyone know where to get some fiberglass chopmat for cheap? I don't want cheap crap that doesn't work, but I'm tired of paying $20+ a square yard for it. The same for resin. Where can I get some good stuff for less than $70 a gallon?

Anyone?

Pics are up. Here ya go:

Here's the outside. I textured it with carpet just to see if it looked good.

Posted Image

Here's a close up. The box will be 3/4" MDF all around with a 3/4" + 1/2" baffle to flush mount the sub without taking up too much valuable space (did I mention its a standard cab?).

Posted Image

Here's an X-ray view from the side. The line is 12" by 8" and is tunned to about 33-34 Hz. That's makes is about 8 1/3 feet long.

Posted Image

Here's another random X-ray view.

Posted Image

How's it look. I'm going next weekend to pick up the MDF. In between now and then, I'm gonna make a cut list to help save wood.

It was designed around a DC LVL4 12".

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

did you check us composites? they are cheap

i have a tap plastics local to me so i 5 gallons for 185 bucks not CHEAP but its better than the stuff from home depot for a lower price

and 3/4 chopmat is like 1.50 a yard

Unless it's paint, I don't buy from Home Depot. The nearest one is 1 hour away. I buy my resin at a local car parts store. It's pretty good, but too expensive.

I can't seem to find the right type of resin for my application. What kind should I get?

Oddly, the fiberglass is hella cheap (chopmat). Clicky here for link I used to pay $20 for a 38"x36" piece of chopmat. It worked very well, but is too expensive for me.

BTW, pics fixed! :)

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

• 1 month later...
I wanna see more of the mirror thing

Sorry, haven't gotten that finished yet. Haven't had the money. I had to replace on of my headlight wires. That took a lot of time (but at least it didn't cost me).

Stupid gas is what's gettin me. Hauling hay for my parents.

Anyway, I do have some pics from a recent photo shoot.

Here ya go:

100_2638Tahoe.jpg

Here's a pic of my mom's Tahoe with my truck in the background. It's a 2001 Tahoe. LOL. :D

100_2642Paintchips.jpg

You can see how bad teh bumper is peeling. That's all recent damage.

100_2646truck.jpg

100_2647truck2.jpg

100_2652truck3.jpg

That's my dad driving the truck.

100_2654truck4.jpg

100_2658truck5.jpg

That's me standing by it. My eyes hurt for a week after that. Sun + Glass + eyeballs = headache from hell!

100_2666truckandhouse.jpg

Here she is in front of our house.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

Archived