would a 500 watt ps be able to handle 2 geforce 9800gt's? i also have it powering an exhause fan a side fan and a intake fan on my comp. the processor is a dual core 3.0 amd processor. what do you guys think?

04 hyundai sonata

jvc head unit

alpine type s components 6.5's

4 kicker tweeters 2 in the front 2 in the back

MARIO

No.

Buy an HD4870.

Or be stuck with nvidia.

//ex-nvidia fanboy

ati<3

WTF, you dont even know what PSU he has, so you cant say that............. OP, what is the 12v rail amps rated at on your PSU? That will tell me everything. BOON, is correct really, if it is a high quality PSU, very good chance that it could handle thsoe 2 cards (Does your PSU have 2 PCIe power 6pin plugs?) If your PSU is one of those shitty 500w units that ship with these china cases, FUCK NO! You might have only 12a on the 12v rail, or even worse yet, it might have 2 or 3 12v rails with like 9a's each..................YUCK!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

The answer to the OP's question is yes - it can handle two if you don't have like 6 hard drives.

But it sounds like the OP is considering buying a second 9800GT, in which case, I strongly recommend buying an HD4870 instead. They smoke 9800GTs.

This thread isnt about which card is faster, but wether or not he can power 2 9800GT's. I do agree with your thinking those, a 4870/90 would be the better option, and consume LESS power, but if the OP was wanting to really "BLOW SHIT OUT OF THE WATER" the 5870 is the fastest single GPU know to man right now. 379$ buys the fastest single GPU card on the market right now.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny