stevo2deep Posted September 23, 2009 Report Posted September 23, 2009 well got a refurbed kicker L715" coming Friday, but I want to start my box today. The online manual says the cutout is 13.75 but says nothing about the overall square dimension of the mounting flange. Can anybody please measure this distance? I'm going with the small ported box recommendations on the manual and will end up with 3 cubes / 2.5x16.25x19.5" port. Don't know what this tuning frequency is but has anyone tried building to these specs and been happy? Unhappy? Thanks in advance. no you're a towell 99 Isuzu Vehicross FTW DC 5K (would like to be 7.5K) DC 350.4 (2X) SOLOX 18s WALL 17 CUBES (3X) XS D3100'S REAR / (1X) D3400 FRONT Kenwood Excelon flip-out w/rear view and navi Singer Alt FTW TOO LAZY TO LOG BUILD, MAYBE TOMORROW
stevo2deep Posted September 23, 2009 Author Report Posted September 23, 2009 please! Anybody? I just need to figure the placement of my cutout. The box is going to be a tricky fit and the placement of the sub will be crucial, since it's going into a Tacoma. Also while I'm on the topic I can't decide on which amp to upgrade to. the zx750.1 or the zx1000.1. I know the sub is rated 1000rms but kicker's site recommends 750 rms with that size enclosure. I'm leaning towards the 1000 and just being careful but any input would be very appreciated. Thanks p.s. Yes i'm new to the forum (forums in general) but will try to do a build log. There will be some acrylic and CNC machining involved as I have a 3 axis mill in the garage . I've been meaning to do this upgrade since I found this site in July but then first of August a four-wheeler rode me and my back has been shaky til now. I think I'm ready to give it a try. This site is BAD ASS and I have nothing but respect to everyone who throws down on it. no you're a towell 99 Isuzu Vehicross FTW DC 5K (would like to be 7.5K) DC 350.4 (2X) SOLOX 18s WALL 17 CUBES (3X) XS D3100'S REAR / (1X) D3400 FRONT Kenwood Excelon flip-out w/rear view and navi Singer Alt FTW TOO LAZY TO LOG BUILD, MAYBE TOMORROW
BLuejoules Posted September 23, 2009 Report Posted September 23, 2009 I dunno about the mounting flange but your box should be tuned to around 38hz. IG: devinthydude
stevo2deep Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 is 38 hz too high for that sub? I guess I could prolly squeeze about 4.5 cubes back there but still don't know how to tune or what to change the port area and length to for around 33-35 hz. If nothing else I could use some poly-fill. . . I guess I need to research a bit more on this sub before I start cutting. The alternative sub I had in mind was the Alpine type r-15 which recommends 1.5-3.0 cubic feet. The L7 recommends 3-6 so, maybe I should try to go bigger. Just don't want to fuck up the tuning. thanks for the reply no you're a towell 99 Isuzu Vehicross FTW DC 5K (would like to be 7.5K) DC 350.4 (2X) SOLOX 18s WALL 17 CUBES (3X) XS D3100'S REAR / (1X) D3400 FRONT Kenwood Excelon flip-out w/rear view and navi Singer Alt FTW TOO LAZY TO LOG BUILD, MAYBE TOMORROW
Polecat Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 there is cut out templates on www.kicker.com for the L7's. I'd do 4.5 and tune to like 32-33 hz daily. And the 750.1 will be plenty IMHO, ported daily. Some of those bench as high as 900+ watts on good voltage. Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!
stevo2deep Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 there is cut out templates on www.kicker.com for the L7's.I'd do 4.5 and tune to like 32-33 hz daily. And the 750.1 will be plenty IMHO, ported daily. Some of those bench as high as 900+ watts on good voltage. Awesome, thanks Polecat, especially since I know you are pressed for time with your work. Thank you. I'll now need to figure a new port size and length for 33hz and 4.5 cubes. I don't understand tuning with ports which is why I was relying on Kickers' recommendations so if anyone would please feel free to chime in? Very appreciated. no you're a towell 99 Isuzu Vehicross FTW DC 5K (would like to be 7.5K) DC 350.4 (2X) SOLOX 18s WALL 17 CUBES (3X) XS D3100'S REAR / (1X) D3400 FRONT Kenwood Excelon flip-out w/rear view and navi Singer Alt FTW TOO LAZY TO LOG BUILD, MAYBE TOMORROW
stevo2deep Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 Awesome, thanks Polecat, especially since I know you are pressed for time with your work. Thank you. I'll now need to figure a new port size and length for 33hz and 4.5 cubes. I don't understand tuning with ports which is why I was relying on Kickers' recommendations so if anyone would please feel free to chime in? Very appreciated. (slot port btw) Sorry to get so far off original topic. . . no you're a towell 99 Isuzu Vehicross FTW DC 5K (would like to be 7.5K) DC 350.4 (2X) SOLOX 18s WALL 17 CUBES (3X) XS D3100'S REAR / (1X) D3400 FRONT Kenwood Excelon flip-out w/rear view and navi Singer Alt FTW TOO LAZY TO LOG BUILD, MAYBE TOMORROW
stevo2deep Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 okay I've found everything I needed to know on the tech sheet download at Kicker. I'll be sittin' at 4.5 cubic feet after displacements and port will be 14.75*3*16.25 tuning to 33hz. Port and sub will face up as this has been the best I've found for the little Tacoma (with type r 12's anyway). thanks to everyone and I'll post pics after I'm through no you're a towell 99 Isuzu Vehicross FTW DC 5K (would like to be 7.5K) DC 350.4 (2X) SOLOX 18s WALL 17 CUBES (3X) XS D3100'S REAR / (1X) D3400 FRONT Kenwood Excelon flip-out w/rear view and navi Singer Alt FTW TOO LAZY TO LOG BUILD, MAYBE TOMORROW
Polecat Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 cool man, post up some pics when you can man!! Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.