Second Skin Audio

Which way to face subs in trunk

I might have asked this not too long ago but now I really want to know which way would sound the best in a trunk. Wish I could have an endless supply of mdf and test it, but I don't. Don't have money to buy any deadener at the moment, so which would keep all the bass in the car the best?

Also, if you had a plexi window for a side of the box, would it sound the same as mdf? thanks

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I might have asked this not too long ago but now I really want to know which way would sound the best in a trunk. Wish I could have an endless supply of mdf and test it, but I don't. Don't have money to buy any deadener at the moment, so which would keep all the bass in the car the best?

Also, if you had a plexi window for a side of the box, would it sound the same as mdf? thanks

sub forward, port up through the rear deck, doesn't get much better than that.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

What exactly do you mean by through the rear deck. Would I have to have a hole in the rear deck for this to be efficient? Also, my seats don't fold down but I do have a little armrest that does. any ideas?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

What exactly do you mean by through the rear deck. Would I have to have a hole in the rear deck for this to be efficient? Also, my seats don't fold down but I do have a little armrest that does. any ideas?
Yep, but cover the hole with speaker grill cloth so it looks clean but allows the bass into the car unobstructed.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

What would be second best so that I wouldn't have to chop up my car? I liked that idea but I just can't cut up my car, sorry. any other ideas?

Sounds reasonable to me. It was basicly between that or facing them up. My trunk doesnt rattle too much so either works for me.

Anyone try pvc as aeros?