Second Skin Audio

Sub box

ArtemCRV

there was no any confusion at all...

i just don't get it why most of ppl trying to make their systems rock the buildings, forgeting about how it looks...

i mean i understand that most ppl's goal here to get as much power as they can get like Steve's Tahoa jambed with boxes. But most ppl here have these small cubes with 10"-12" subs in their trunks that look very ugly... i mean guys can you atleast paint it with another color but NOT ONLY gray and black? that's my point: it has not only sounds good but looks good too... ofcouse if you are not Steve or any other car stereo competitor...

Anyway yes you helped very much

Plenty of people do other colors. Ive built 3 boxes for my blazer while i had it, the first one was just a big sealed box, found out i built it big enough to make it ported, so i cut some holes and shoved some 4" PVC in it and tuned it to 34Hz and it was alot louder. Box was ugly as fuck, never painted, carpeted, nothing. Cuts were made with a circular saw, no fence/guide, so it looked like hell. Next box after that was carpeted grey to get close to my interior color. The next box was the loudest, but i didnt cover it cuz i finished it the night before a show, and 2 weeks or so later i sold the damned car. So i got a big ol coffin sittin in my garage with 2 holes for some 12s, 4.8 cubes at 32Hz (if youre from around the chi come and get it, itll fit in a blazer). But now im doin a new system in a new car. The box will be "ugly" in your words, but i will round over the edges, kerfed port, might do some paint, might leave it bare, might carpet it. I got 2 test boxes i gotta build for just one of the 3 subs ill be using (not 3 different ones, 3 of the same) to figure out what should meter and/or sound better. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me a big ass box with alot of cones and a massive port is pure beauty.

why make it look nice if noone will see it? only time i think you should make a box look really nice is if your going to show it off at car shows or something...

if its loud and it looks ugly, then let it be ugly.

Couldnt agree more with you. especially with the last part. It seems ugly is usually loud, so is duct tape it ads dBeeez lol.

GOOD GOD! :blink: that was the worst 5 pages I have eva read through........I love my big ugly monstrosity. I think shes pretty :air_kiss:

I finally got around to reading this whole thread, so many things i wanted to say, but more shit kept coming up that made me laugh my ass off and i forgot it.

TO THE OP.

Sorry man, im not callin you stupid, but because your a doctor doesnt mean shit IMO. Ive had doctors miss my having a big ass bone tumor on the side of my knee, IT WAS ON THE XRAY TOO!!!!! He just didnt think anything of it. A long time after he was like, wait, that doesnt look right. Ive had a friend who BROKE his ankle, the doctor looked at the xrays, said it was fine, he went elsewhere, they said ya, definately broken. Just cuz ur a MD doesnt mean shit. And youre not even one yet, you said ur in school. And what does that have to do with your knowledge of what will and wont work in car audio? You were getting alot of helpful advice, but you just blew it off. At the end it seems you finally got it though, just took forever.

Anyway, this was all for the most part a waste of my time, but got a few good laughs reading what you and that one guy were sayin, bickering back and forth like an old married couple.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived