Second Skin Audio

Sub box

ArtemCRV

Glad I could help. I read through the whole thread and was like "this is so simple." You just gotta explain it thoroughly enough so that there's no confusion.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Glad I could help. I read through the whole thread and was like "this is so simple." You just gotta explain it thoroughly enough so that there's no confusion.

there was no any confusion at all...

i just don't get it why most of ppl trying to make their systems rock the buildings, forgeting about how it looks...

i mean i understand that most ppl's goal here to get as much power as they can get like Steve's Tahoa jambed with boxes. But most ppl here have these small cubes with 10"-12" subs in their trunks that look very ugly... i mean guys can you atleast paint it with another color but NOT ONLY gray and black? that's my point: it has not only sounds good but looks good too... ofcouse if you are not Steve or any other car stereo competitor...

Anyway yes you helped very much

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

Glad we could help

WE? Not WE!!! They! You didn't help! You were just bitching aroung saying how much you know about it and didn't say anything useful. Everyone here tried to help except you! But no hard feelings... Prob. bitching is how you try to help ppl. And if you atleast try to help, that's very good from you. Thanks for that! :good:

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

*sigh*

not agree... much more calculations with square

well my mistake lol... round more calc.

not agree again... as far as I learned, the same size of circle will have as much air as square... 5th grade again... lol

well you got me

same volume = same size

same air = same size

same surface area = same size

the same size round still has the same air

now i got it

mybe you are right! well i'm more then sure that you ARE right! but i still gonna try it

volume will ALWAYS be smaller thn surface area

You seem to be confused about quite a few things actually... And you ate your words on muliple posts

Sorry kid you talk to much for your own good, you contradict almost everything you say

You should listen to these guys, they know what they are talking about, they tellin you the same thing I been sayin the whole time.

03' Reg Cab 2500HD

Alpine 9807 H/U

Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers

Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers

Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp

PPI 5 Channel Amp

Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby

i just don't get it why most of ppl trying to make their systems rock the buildings, forgeting about how it looks...

i mean i understand that most ppl's goal here to get as much power as they can get like Steve's Tahoa jambed with boxes. But most ppl here have these small cubes with 10"-12" subs in their trunks that look very ugly... i mean guys can you atleast paint it with another color but NOT ONLY gray and black? that's my point: it has not only sounds good but looks good too... ofcouse if you are not Steve or any other car stereo competitor...

Anyway yes you helped very much

why make it look nice if noone will see it? only time i think you should make a box look really nice is if your going to show it off at car shows or something...

if its loud and it looks ugly, then let it be ugly.

Posted Image

It's pretty, and it sounds like a damn sealed box :bad: (still pretty loud though http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif )

When you want a ported box, there's a lot of math involved. Math that becomes harder and harder to do when you start calculating in compound curves. Fiberglass boxes have a lot of these compound curves, not to mention it's really hard to predict where exactly these curves are gonna end up. So you are left with 3 choices with "pretty" fiberglass boxes.

Guess, throw a port in and be prepared for an unknown outcome.

Built it first, measure with packing peanuts or something then do the math subtracting port displacement afterwards, refiguring port turning, adjust port length readjusting displacement etc etc etc till you get it where you want it.

Or just go sealed.

In my case i woulda went with option 2 but the space i put the box in only allowed for about 1.7 cubes internally.

GOOD GOD! :blink: that was the worst 5 pages I have eva read through........I love my big ugly monstrosity. I think shes pretty :air_kiss:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

why make it look nice if noone will see it? only time i think you should make a box look really nice is if your going to show it off at car shows or something...

if its loud and it looks ugly, then let it be ugly.

Well if it's ok for someone, that's ok. But I don't think so. IMHO it should look at least good too. :)

Posted Image

It's pretty, and it sounds like a damn sealed box :bad: (still pretty loud though http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif )

When you want a ported box, there's a lot of math involved. Math that becomes harder and harder to do when you start calculating in compound curves. Fiberglass boxes have a lot of these compound curves, not to mention it's really hard to predict where exactly these curves are gonna end up. So you are left with 3 choices with "pretty" fiberglass boxes.

Guess, throw a port in and be prepared for an unknown outcome.

Built it first, measure with packing peanuts or something then do the math subtracting port displacement afterwards, refiguring port turning, adjust port length readjusting displacement etc etc etc till you get it where you want it.

Or just go sealed.

In my case i woulda went with option 2 but the space i put the box in only allowed for about 1.7 cubes internally.

Yeah it looks really good. That's what I'm talking about. Atleast it has the same color and it's not a big ugly box in the middle of you trunk :unknw:

well I thought this thread was going to die, but it seems like its on track now. lol.

Ive seen only 1 cyliner sub enclosure, it was for a single 12" sub no name I think? anyways the dude used those concrete supports, a long one and some how mounted the sub on the 1 side and laid it side ways in his 89 accord. It was powered by a supposedly "1000" watt amp with 8 gauge wire for power and grounds and I was hella surprised that he was able to do 139.xx. gave my 2 12"s off 1200 watts in a nice big enclsoure a run for the money, nontheless I think there is something to those cylinder enclosures.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

Archived