Second Skin Audio

82' Chevy Caprice

Genuwine1976

Hello to all of you bass heads like me... This is my first box project and I want to do it right, so I need as much advise as I can get.

First my ride is a 1982 box Chevy..-will give trunk specs. tomorrow- I have a Avic-N3 head unit, 2 Solo Baric 15's in the trunk in a sealed box right now, and it his hard as hell. BUT I WANT MORE.... I am running a Power Acoustik 3000D, a 800 amp Capcell in the trunk,2 batteries under the hood, and a 200 amp alternator.... Now my thing is I want to put in another sub, but I need a box good design for the three of them... I want to go ported, and I can't seem to come up with a design that will give me the deepest bass in my car..... Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I will be posting pictures as i progress through this build as everyone else has so stay tuned. I'm sure this is going to be one hell of a monster...

And by the way I live here in Arkansas, and in my city as of now I have the loudest car in town; with 2 15's..... I wonder what would 3 with a really great box and 2 Power Acoustik 3000D's pushing them....

\\82' Chevy Caprice on 22" Pasati wheels\\

The Real CHEVY BOY

1982 Chevy Caprice Classic

22" Pasati wheels

custom sun burst orange paint

two Kicker L7 15" subs 1000/watts RMS

1 Power Acoustik A3000DB/2300 watts @ 1ohm

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

Once you get up your trunk specs, Me or somebody else can throw up some designs for you.

Also are you running the L7's or L5's, that will also help in the calculations.

Edit: You would also get much louder if you changed your amps, I believe the one you have only has 120amps of fusing, which basically it will do about 1200rms.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

3 subs and 2 amps wont work to great at all. Unless you would strap the 2 amps together. Which last time I checked that cant be done with power acoustik.

So Id say 3 subs and 3 amps, or buy a Maxxsonics Maxx-Link to strap the amps together (useally costs $60-90 depending where you go).

Id say toss 4 15s in that trunk with 2 amps. Run 2 subs per amp.

If you want a good box that will wang like no other. www.pwkdesigns.com is a good place to start. Pete makes and designs crazy boxes but your woodworking skills need to be on the better side, his designs also cost $50, but are well worth it.

Yes they r L7's and my amps are linkable. they are rated @ 2300 watts rms

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

they are rated @ 2800 watts rms

And Im Rick James!!!!

PA amps are severly over rated amps. They dont do rated power at all.

There are many different versions of the PA 3000D's, Non of which do 2800wrms

The highest rms a 3000D amp does out of all the different models (ov1 or ov2, gothic, or whatever labels they put on them) is 2300wrms @ 1 ohm, but that is still a over rated number and falls under the IF LIGHTNING STRIKES IT theory.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sorry it was a typo and u r right it does say 2300 watts. And what would be some good amps to run.

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

They r not the pa 3000:d. they r the A3000DB model. No fuses in the amp only on power wire (300 amp) fuse...

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

They r not the pa 3000:d. they r the A3000DB model. No fuses in the amp only on power wire (300 amp) fuse...

Well that amp will never draw 300amps of current. I think what he means is what does PA ask you to fuse the amp at. It probolly tells you in the manual. But I know for sure its not 300 amp ;)

not really sure but that is what I have been running on the one I am playing and it performs great..

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

Archived