Second Skin Audio

82' Chevy Caprice

Genuwine1976

I used google sketch 7 (version 7 is free to download and use, theres a newer version but you can only use it 30 minutes before you have to buy it or hack it). Thats actually my first time using it too... LoL Theres some people on this site that are really creative in using that, and other programs like auto cad that can come up with some real realistic looking boxes!!

I used google sketch 7 (version 7 is free to download and use, theres a newer version but you can only use it 30 minutes before you have to buy it or hack it). Thats actually my first time using it too... LoL Theres some people on this site that are really creative in using that, and other programs like auto cad that can come up with some real realistic looking boxes!!

Thanks will download it. And I made some changes to the specs

port

Let me know what u think

The Real CHEVY BOY

1982 Chevy Caprice Classic

22" Pasati wheels

custom sun burst orange paint

two Kicker L7 15" subs 1000/watts RMS

1 Power Acoustik A3000DB/2300 watts @ 1ohm

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

Ok I have my final measurements which are:

H: 15"

W: 44"

D: 36"

O.K. Bangin Caddy I need a good port layout for these measurements, and I am going to start the build... I am going with that box design that you came up with (THANKX) I think it will work great for the two subs. I just can't get the port measured right in the calculator....

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

You dont want to use that calculator. It is horrible, It is off so bad, and dont compensate for a lot of needed info when building a box, such as port displacement and sub displacement. Not to mention that the math is very bad for figuring out the tuning freq. You will tune your box to one freq according to that calculator, and it will end up being a completly different freq once built. Its off by as many as 10+hz in some situations...

Use this calculator that ExpoSport made. It will tell you how much Square inches of port you should use in whatever size box you make. Its the most accurate calculator online that is FREE to use, not to mention he is continuously working on the program to give us users the best designed boxes possible.

Link to the thread.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;hl=exposport

and they should be different, the re calculator is for and L port, the exposport is for a slot-port

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

:clapping: On my way to http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Posted Image

What do you think

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Had to get off of the gas, saw a cop up ahead.... :o

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

no!! an L port uses the side,bottom,top, and back of the box to make the port , a slot port is a 4 sided box/square that u can plug in the box anywhere, like in the middle, side, top.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

OK I think I'm getting the hang of this calculator and I have recalculated my box... Here is what I have for the slot port design.....

Box Size:

Height: 15"

Width: 44"

Depth: 36"

Port Specs:

Height: 3.5"

Length: 28"

I need somneone with better knowledge of the program to check my specs and I am starting on my box, Tomorrow

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

OK I think I'm getting the hang of this calculator and I have recalculated my box... Here is what I have for the slot port design.....

Box Size:

Height: 15"

Depth: 36"

Port Specs:

Height: 3.5"

Length: 28"

I need somneone with better knowledge of the program to check my specs and I am starting on my box, Tomorrow

The Real CHEVY BOY

22" Pasati wheels

1 sealed enclosure

1 P.A. Capcell 800amp

2 batteries under hood

1 200 amp alternator

Archived