Second Skin Audio

Rf T214d4 Ticking Sound

does anybody have a clue as to why when my volme is barely on i hear an annoying tickin sound comin from the cone area of the sub as if it were blown only every now and then and as soon as turn it up it goes away and bumps hard as hell with no noise what-so-evr? the T2 is powered up by my "little" RF T2k any help thx homies.... :mellow:

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

my p5002 amp duz that. idk about a sub tho.

Gota have my rear view shakin and my seats vibratin'.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) DEI Directed Audio 2400D

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(1) Rockford Fosgate P5002

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

^^Not all hooked up at once, i rotate. Its all i got.^^

If I had to guess I would say it is probably because you blew it :P

You are probably running that T20001BD @ 2 ohms which is going to give that woofer anywhere between 1500-1900 watts RMS and the sub is only rated at 1000 watts RMS.

Check the gain knob make sure it's less than half and you might want to get that sub replaced under warranty - if you don't have warranty it will be around $138 for replacement through Rockford.

-David

I dont know about ticking, but when I got my interior done on my car, the guy didnt know anything about car audio, and when he went to hide my wires he just ran them all down the center, I got a little crosstalk from my power wire being to close to my RCA and it sounded like my sub was the same speed as the idle, like I could tell how fast my car was idling from the sub beating really quick, but when I turned it up i heard nothing but the music. But it didnt sound like ticking, it was more like quick bass notes at a low but noticable level.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Archived