ok let me revise the plan

4age silvertop 20v

t3/t4 50 trem turbo

3mm head gasket( should drop it to 8.6 compression ratio)

18psi

keep it at the stock 8k redline.

the motor comes with h-beams... i need to run the low compresion because of detionation, some for the 93 octaine gas, the 18psi will heat up fast when being compressed, and octaine being a combustion inhibitor, keep the detionation from occuring.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

like kev said, not trying to discorage you.

I would like nothing more than to see you making a sucess of this. Right after the vw 89 transverse motor, the 4age is one of my favourite engines ever.

You can still rev to 9k, just clean it up real good, flow the head, replace the internals. light weight forged pistons, stronger valve, stems, seats and springs. higher compression lower boost for reliability. If you want to race it on weekends, then just pop in some 102 octane and up the boost, but for daily i wouldnt run more than 0.8 bar and no more than 1.4 for racing unless you have some serious cash.

p.s. im no motor expert, but this is just some of the things ive learnt while building my moms 2 lt renault and its pretty damn strong

then im rambo bitch

the motor comes with h-beams... i need to run the low compresion because of detionation, some for the 93 octaine gas, the 18psi will heat up fast when being compressed, and octaine being a combustion inhibitor, keep the detionation from occuring.

Low compression on high octane fuel will give you detonation problems...Scratchy's right, it's better to have high compresion and lower boost. Though the turbo can be wastegated for 18psi as you said, how often is the turbo actually running loaded? Usually only at full throttle. Take my truck, the turbos wastegate is set for 35psi, but I run down the hwy at 75 only using like 5 psi. Which means most of the time, your running off of compression and spark to ignite the fuel..make sense?

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/RayHallturbo.html heres some that kinda of been done already, it will be like mine minus the 1.8 bottom end

when i run the mega squirt it will have a digital spark system, so it can adjust the timeing for the situation

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

uhh yaa it was in great shape, it was rebuilt from the ground up like i am. i am getting new pistions, rods, and crank, i just need to strip the block down to sand blast it

18psi 8.9:1 compression 93 octaine, great motor, no problems out of it what so ever.

its a gt25....

yeah, thats why its spooling up so quick. if you ask me that turbo is abit to small for that motor. I mean, by the time you reach 7k the turbo has dried out completlly.

I know what your saying man, just make sure your getting proper parts, forged pistons, rods etc. Dont use cheap parts and I would still raise the compresion just a little and lower the boost alittle.

heres a though, why not raise the compresion and get a high/low boost controller and run low boost daily. That way you have a smaller chance of killing the motor

then im rambo bitch

trust me i have a guy who has rebuild 23 of these motors, in every shape and form, form turbo, s/c to na. we have everything worked out, just waiting on the funds to start rolling in

the 20v is good out of teh fatory for 9k

Archived