Posted Image

Posted Image

should be fun... looking at around 200hp at the flywheel

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

IT does but look up the 4age 20v.. infact you know what.... just fallow th pics and see

tear down

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

here comes some of the replacments 20v he he

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and for those who don't know about the 20v

THE 4A-GE 20 VALVE

The 20-Valve 4AGE replaced the 4AGZE Supercharged engines. Just like the early and late 16 Valve 4Ges, they also underwent revisions. The Silver Top was introduced in the Corolla AE101 (1992), and the Black Top in the Corolla AE111 (1997). Both engines used Toyota’s version of Variable cam timing- VVT. Bore and stroke remained as in the original 1st and 2nd Generation 4AGEs (early) big port (TVIS) and (late) small port (non-TVIS). Similarly compression was upped in the later models. The blocks are identical to the late model AE92 generation blocks (and naturally the SC blocks too).

The 20-Valve engines never came officially into the US (and many other foreign markets where the old 4AGEs were available- and of course it imparts a very exotic presence. The individual throttle bodies look like they came off the fabulous 503 race engines. Think about it, no Toyota factory RACE Engine had 5 valves per cylinder!! Yamaha- who works with Toyota on cylinder head design (and manufacturing), have been a very avid pioneer and supporter of the 5-valve design. The short-lived Yamaha Formula 1 engines had 5 valves per cylinder. In terms of maximum valve to surface area- the 5 valve design cannot be beat- theoretically and geometrically.

Aside from the obvious 5-valve and variable timing cylinder head design- the difference from the 4-valve is the dramatically reduced weight of the internal components. Pistons, connecting rods, and to a lesser degree, crankshafts have all been updated with lighter weight design. The good news is that it remained an iron block- the engines were still on solid foundation for heavy and serious modifications.

Between the Silver and Black top- the later Black models came with still lighter rotating components. Laying out the engine components side by side…there are miniscule differences, Toyota was tuning the engines to a higher degree by rotational mass reduction, a lesson advanced from the earlier lightweight block design (of the pre-multi-valve engines). The difference in the connecting rods between 16 and 20 valve engines is dramatically surprising. However for purposes of radical modifications a Silver top will probably be a better engine to work with (slightly stouter rod).

In Japan these engines were used in Formula Toyota, a series much like Formula Atlantic where there is only one SPEC engine available to all competitors. The magic of 20-valve is apparent on the ability to attain and sustain a high RPM threshold. The addition of variable cam timing allows the engine to surpass both low-end torque and high RPM horsepower figures of the older 4AGEs. This is the closest to race spec engine Toyota has ever produced.

In terms of Toyota technology, the twin versions of the 20-valve engine- out specified any previous offering in naturally aspirated form. This is the last true iron block with the ultimate head design and intake set-up. The newer 1ZZFE and 2ZZGE come with a more advance VVTi head set-up- but with 1 less valve (per cylinder) and aluminum blocks. The 4AG 20-Valve wins!! What will Toyota use for the next Formula Atlantic engine??

HP 165 @7800 rpm thats stock... did it mention that its also an ITB setup

and also i will megasquirt setup

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Going to need lots of work. But its got alot of potential.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

now all i need to order ....

ITB

wiring harness

megasquirt

connecting rods

and gasket set.

O btw.. possible 6speed sway

well just found some new pistons, rods, and crank

sandblasting next

o btw// i am looking for around 240-250 at over 11,000 rpm... formula alantic time

well just found some new pistons, rods, and crank

sandblasting next

o btw// i am looking for around 240-250 at over 11,000 rpm... formula alantic time

11K RPM??

damn.. i was thinking of either getting a silvertop, blacktop, or a 4AGZE for my corolla. i dont know yet. but i am very interested in how you do this so i could aid my decision on what motor i want

New system"RF T5001BD 980watts RMS at one ohmSoundstream T5-12"kenwood 4 inch front doorpowerbass 5 inch back2.3 cube foot enclosure tuned to about 34hz

Archived