Sundown Audio

SAE-1200D Going into Protection

well i tried what derrick recommended that i try.

the amp will not turn on at all when the speaker wires are removed, when the rcas are removed and when the remote is removed. the fuse is still good and my electrical system is running well.

i got this amp on ebay DIRECTLY from sundown audio when jacob decided to blow these out. my invoice has the date 7/17/09 on it and the invoice number is 3219

im going to run out and pick up a new dmm here in a bit (and miss my husker football game ) and see what i can find. im going to reopen the amp and take a few pics to show you guys. maybe im not seeing anything?

also, i believe my rcas should be at 4volts out (duh!!) im not sure why i couldnt remember that. im using an alpine 9884.. ill be sure to check that too

second edit: my subs are wired at 1 ohm. the subs themselves are two dc level4 12"s in d1 configuration.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

In that case it's not a refurb. Send an email & Jacob will get you straightened out.

thanks! i'll send him an email.

i just bought a new dmm so i'll give these tests another go around and see what happens.

*edit*

my tests confirmed what i was afraid of. my power wires to the amp read 14.06 at the input, and my system remote turn on read 14 as well. the amp will not even turn on now. no lights or anything. i guess its time to talk with jacob...

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Well for a quick update:

i got in contact with Jacob, and he told me to go ahead and send the amp in.

So yesterday it shipped out to DBr, and today i emailed Chris (owner/operator at DBr) and he told me it shouldnt be a tough fix.

i'll be sure to update when i get everything back.

awesome warranty on this amp, even though its not in production anymore :D