DIAMOND PLATE BOX

ive gone through this on another forum be4. it would pretty much blow. it would flex WAY too much. the only way u could possibly make a metal box sound good is if u would use like 3/8-1/2 steel, if not thicker. on the other hand, u can make a box and put the diamond plate on the outside of it. might not sound all that bad. or just use that plastic vinyl shit that looks like it :D

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Guest 90accordman

ive gone through this on another forum be4. it would pretty much blow. it would flex WAY too much. the only way u could possibly make a metal box sound good is if u would use like 3/8-1/2 steel, if not thicker. on the other hand, u can make a box and put the diamond plate on the outside of it. might not sound all that bad. or just use that plastic vinyl shit that looks like it :D

I made a box like that for a jeep, regular box but cut diamond plate for all the outside panels so it would look like it was made from diamond plate didnt sounds any diff form the reg MDF box.  Wish i still had pictures, it looked nice because the jeep had alot of the same plating on it

Guest 90accordman

try and dig some up. i wanna see that. and also, i would wanna hear what a diamond plate box would sound like just for shits and giggles.

like shit, its not thick enough to keep the sound in neough for the box to function properly, you would have to brace/deaden it so much, thats its not really a diamond plate box anymore

• 4 months later...