Hissing Noise Caused by Lights Being Off

so playing around one night i had my music on at a low volume. there has been a whiny hissing noise coming through the speakers since i installed my HU. normally i ignore it because the music can drown it out

well this night it wasnt loud and i could hear it. i turned on my park lights and like magic the whine dissapeared. still some hissing tho

so, why is this? better question, how do i make it go away?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

might have somethin to do with ur alt, u do the big 3 yet? steve had a prob with whineing on the hoe n added another power wire n it fixed it, i unno tho

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

might have somethin to do with ur alt, u do the big 3 yet? steve had a prob with whineing on the hoe n added another power wire n it fixed it, i unno tho

nope.

Hiss is noise floor and improperly matched gains.

whine is usually ground related (difference in potential from the radio to amp) and also improperly matched gains

However, what concerns me is that it goes away with the lights on, which means that you are either on the wrong wire (ground), the ground to something else is near your ground... try regrounding the radio to a different spot... and properly level match your gains, if you have a 4v out deck and the gains on the amp are WTFO (wide open) then I will toss on the captain obvious hat and say either get a bigger/better amp to output more power with the gain set at acceptable levels

big3 is more to do with the charging requirements since they usually skimp on the wire.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

nope.

Hiss is noise floor and improperly matched gains.

whine is usually ground related (difference in potential from the radio to amp) and also improperly matched gains

However, what concerns me is that it goes away with the lights on, which means that you are either on the wrong wire (ground), the ground to something else is near your ground... try regrounding the radio to a different spot... and properly level match your gains, if you have a 4v out deck and the gains on the amp are WTFO (wide open) then I will toss on the captain obvious hat and say either get a bigger/better amp to output more power with the gain set at acceptable levels

big3 is more to do with the charging requirements since they usually skimp on the wire.

the speakers (not subs) that are hissing are connected directly to my HU, no external amp. i figured they were recieving a bit too much power as they are stock.

and for the ground thing. all i did was solder the wires to the wiring harness. however i did do a parking brake bypass, bu that shouldntconnect it to my lights. im pretty sure it would be my light dim wire.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...p;hl=ih8punkrok

there is my install of the HU

in the 6th picture down you can see my parking brake bypass. (green brown stripe)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

do u got the orange ilumination wire hooked up? ive never got a hiss from speakers just ran from a deck without an amp

but anyways, does that bolt up like a din size deck does? and how do u like it? i want one were i can wire in a backup cam or somethin

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

do u got the orange ilumination wire hooked up? ive never got a hiss from speakers just ran from a deck without an amp

but anyways, does that bolt up like a din size deck does? and how do u like it? i want one were i can wire in a backup cam or somethin

yea i have the illumination wire hooked up.

and yes it fits right in a single din. picture quality is really good for the size.

and it actually has a backup cam hookup on it somewhere

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Look i can't troubles shoot it for you over the computer but a couple of things to do.

I think it is amplified from the factory which is the only way you would get hiss unless your head unit is messed up

so first reach in to the mess of wires under your radio and find the front door (passenger) wire pair (gray)

cut em, a small AA battery or 9 volt touch the wires going to the speaker NOT THE ONES GOING TO THE RADIO see if the speaker pops, and moves out and in when you do that... WITH THE CAR SHUT OFF NO POWER... if the speaker moves freely back and forth it is NOT amplified and I was wrong

if the speaker makes no sound, reach under where the cd player was and there is a gray and black plug that comes from the factory amp, disconnect it, then the plug that you had behind the radio can plug into it and you are now officially bypassed

second, clean that freaking mess up inder the JVC, piece of tape or a zip tie to pull them all together. E gads.... unacceptable!

third if you are still having issues, as I don't think you will have anymore after that; you are on your own for a week as I will be away starting tomorrow...

hiss has me saying it is amp'd and would bet the house, but seeing the spaghetti mess under the radio... :( anything could happen

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Look i can't troubles shoot it for you over the computer but a couple of things to do.

I think it is amplified from the factory which is the only way you would get hiss unless your head unit is messed up

so first reach in to the mess of wires under your radio and find the front door (passenger) wire pair (gray)

cut em, a small AA battery or 9 volt touch the wires going to the speaker NOT THE ONES GOING TO THE RADIO see if the speaker pops, and moves out and in when you do that... WITH THE CAR SHUT OFF NO POWER... if the speaker moves freely back and forth it is NOT amplified and I was wrong

if the speaker makes no sound, reach under where the cd player was and there is a gray and black plug that comes from the factory amp, disconnect it, then the plug that you had behind the radio can plug into it and you are now officially bypassed

second, clean that freaking mess up inder the JVC, piece of tape or a zip tie to pull them all together. E gads.... unacceptable!

third if you are still having issues, as I don't think you will have anymore after that; you are on your own for a week as I will be away starting tomorrow...

hiss has me saying it is amp'd and would bet the house, but seeing the spaghetti mess under the radio... :( anything could happen

alright man. thanks for your help

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz