Rainman215's Walled Accord Build

I took a little break and focused on some other projects but now im back at it and finally figured it out. Theres no way that many wires were gonna fit through the stock grommet so i sliced a hole to feed the wires in through the 2 end pieces of the gromet ... and there will be loom in between that(which i need to go pickup tonight). So far ive only got the right side done ... I need to get more 16 gauge. Tomorrow ill try and make these pods work. Thanks for the support guys. I swear alot of people on this site make it look easy with pics. Much respect to anybody that can even install their own system whether its 1 12 or 12 18s.

Todays small progress.

This is my door after i ripped the old fiberglass panels off the bottom section. (pretty i know lol)

7-19003.jpg

f6ea4066.jpg

eed77491.jpg

Had to squeeze my hand in that small ass space to get the wire down into the kick panel

17131289.jpg

This is one of my door panels ... i need to cut out the other tweeter hole and sand out the mid holes so that they will fit.

75a608bc.jpg

And the door setup. 2 AA Carbon Fiber Mids per door and 2 morel mdt-12 tweeters per door. (thanks to brian (bkolfo4)

b6700e96.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Yeah, them door boot thingy is a mofo to get the wires through. I pulled the ends of the boot off as much as I could, I fished a piece of bailing wire through the boot, and pulled the wire through.I know I make it sound easy, but it wasn't. I think it took me atleast an hour per door. (yes for one wire)

That sucks about the jig, I always lay out my circle on the wood and the make sure the bit is lined up before cutting a bunch. Measure twice, cut once.

BTW, just spackle paint them pods,fuk the vinyl.

Where did you order your Alternator from?

Well it took me about an hour two but i cheated lol. Theres no way 4 pairs of speaker wire were fitting in there so I did what seemed like a good idea and it wont even be noticed onced its loomed up. As for the jasper jig I usually do a practice cut on scrap wood to make sure woofers/speakers fit but i didnt this time smh. And yea i wanna use the enclosure coating from second skin on the bottom half of the doors and on the wall. Right now i want music (no bass) playing in my car by next friday (i leave for VA the next day)

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

dude, when you run wire through your door jams, go to your local hardware store. They have zip ties that are 36" long.

they help TONS!!

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Decided not to go to carlisle because I wanna get these doors done. Taking a food break right now. I figured that itd be pretty dumb to scrap the pods because i made the cutouts to small so what i did was ran the router around the inner edge once and it fit like a charm. Hand sanding was taking forever so that idea definitely saved me form some sore ass hands and arms. Once im finished eating I'm CA gluing the pods to the door ... wrapping and then resin.

The old box is a good work table too lol

9ac6462a.jpg

6250aa78.jpg

7438d181.jpg

06f1d2fe.jpg

cfe2f92b.jpg

10aa87e7.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

This is where im stuck at right now. I have CA glue, 3m super 90, hot glue and a staple gun that only gets the staples in there halfway. I just cant figure out wtf is the best way to wrap this. I have alot of that orange fleece from my first try but idk :-( I think im scared to mess up again lol. So tonight im looking at tons of door panel builds to try and get a good idea. If anybody has any tips please help me. I was working good all day until this. I dont want to get bummed out again so help a brotha out dammit.

Edit- My best idea right now is to spray the whole piece wit hthe super 90 and the fleece also ... wait until its tacky then put the fleece on it and pull tight while it dries... but will that stay on when i apply the resin?

9f25e393.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

I used a SUPER OLD shirt per door. DON't cut the shirt, just put it around the pod and pull all the slack to the back side. Then wire the slack tight, once you resin the cloth you can cut all the extra fabric off the back. you don't even have to staple or any thing, just a couple temp chunks of bailing wire.

I think there is pics in my build over on SSA.

Did my explanation make sence? did you happen to find the pics in my build? I know it got long.lol.

Edit: I wanted to add that I poured/brushed/sloshed resin in all the inside corners the next day and trimed the fabric off the back the after the inside resin had set up.

Heres the crazy shiit I am up to now. Just skip to page 7 if its not already there.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/42566-help-choosing-a-10-inch-midbass-driver/page__pid__688636__st__90#entry688636

I sorta did your idea in my last pod build and i didnt want to make any of the same mistakes (not saying you did it a bad way) but i just wanted to try something different. Something that wouldnt be "warp prone" like my last pods. So this is what i came up with using some CA glue and tshirts from my job that were gonna get thrown away (3x/4x tees). Tomorrow will be resin and maybe fiberglass if it dries fast enough. Where can i get a roller to get bubbles out of fiberglass chopmat?

Test fit before the fabric

3cb2c883.jpg

Good clearance

7e496f0c.jpg

7d4ea32f.jpg

4d932915.jpg

573e60d1.jpg

daac251c.jpg

b384b7cf.jpg

ec7c8b5e.jpg

8c7b91e4.jpg

Today was a good day hwis8p.jpg