Sonic Electronix

my set up so far HELP subs making rattle noise

Ahh... Are you 100% its the sub? Will they make the noise if you power them up like in your house or with the trunk open.

blahhh yah I just ran them in my house and they still make the noise it might be the subs

fml

and ran one of them free air and something was still making the sound on the sub

Edited by drumminian

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Rockford Fosgate p142 4" front

Rockford Fosgate p1S652 6.5" rear

Optima D35 yellow top under hood

Big 3

all in a 1997 Toyota Tercel

it sounds like theres something hitting the cone...i thought it was the leads at first but it seems like its coming from below the voice coil....I wish I had a better video camera then my iPhone or I would take a video....I don't believe the sub is blown how ever I tested it with a DMM and it was fine and nothing was rubbing when I manually depressed the cone to test for a blown coil....any ideas?

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Big 3

If you are testing free air prob bottoming out. But in the box very well its coming apart. My type rs tore apart a prefab from best buy. I would try them in a diff box see if you have the same probs. Anyways Good luck!

PS envious wish my 1st set up was as nice as yours. I had 2 pyle driver subs and I wanna say a profile amp that I had gotten at the wiz. lol

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

I would put to much power on them while free airing them but the noise you heard while you were free airing them was it the same noise you had before? You box might be just leaking air and not coming apart and perhaps your bottoming them out in the box as well. Do any of you friends have a box you could try out?

I'd feel around the box while the subs are kind of bumping a little bit but before that noise starts. try and see if you can feel air leaking out.

Edited by etaks_crew

no one I know has 15s lol when I was free airing it was kinda similar to it in the box except it was not as loud and you could bearly hear it...the subs get pretty loud before the noise started to occur but some notes do it at lower volumes than others shits so confusing

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Big 3

could it be a bent voice coil in both of them? i found a video on youtube that had a sound similar to what I am experiencing and someone commented saying it could be a bent coil

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Big 3

I had some rattling issues, i ended up sealing the inside of the box with silicone and double baffled the front. i then used some 3M putty sealant between the subs and the box. i gained 2.4-2.6 decibels from that alone. but if yours is doing the same noise outside of the box, then it sounds like damage to the sub or bottoming out.

Edited by hotshot27

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN