Second Skin Audio

I m new to this forum

Steve01S

Hello everyone I my name is Steve i am new to this forum but I have been into car audio for about 15 or 16 years now.

Here is a list of my current system. It is kinda old school but still sounds good except for the sub(which is why i am posting)

head unit RF rfx8340

Amps RF power BD1000a1 and a punch 250 2 channel amp

MB Quart discus DSD 213 component set

RF 12" rfd1212 HX2 subwoofer.(which is about time to replace).

So the Sub that i have found that I think I would like to replace the HX2 with is a PPI PRO 124 that i found on sonicelectronix.com . here is the direct link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17124_...wer+PRO124.html

I believe this is an updated verison of what Patrick and Alma Gates used in their Bronco also this is a 12" sub instead of a 10 inch that they used. The MSRP of the sub is 550 bucks but they are selling it for 150. I have called up sonic and they told me it was a new sub in a factory sealed box so the info that I have found on this sub on the net is that this is an 06 or an 07 model sub and that is why the price is reduced so much. But I am wondering if anyone can tell me more about this sub and how good of a sub it is. Any info or links to find out more on this sub please let me know

thanks.

The only thing I can say with where you buy it online is warranty and 'B' stock. Make sure they are an authorized dealer, unless that doesn't bother you. I mean you could always purchase the sonic warranty, but yeah.

Oh and Welcome!!

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

If I am correct PPI doesn t make this sub anymore so i think a warranty would not matter so much but i would probably get the sonic warranty anyway.

PS really the only reason i am replying to this is so i can say GO Pirates since it looks like your a Cards fan lol I know I know Pirates suck lol they can t even lose enough games to get the first pick.

PS

thanks again for the tip.

The only thing I can say with where you buy it online is warranty and 'B' stock. Make sure they are an authorized dealer, unless that doesn't bother you. I mean you could always purchase the sonic warranty, but yeah.

Oh and Welcome!!

If I am correct PPI doesn t make this sub anymore so i think a warranty would not matter so much but i would probably get the sonic warranty anyway.

PS really the only reason i am replying to this is so i can say GO Pirates since it looks like your a Cards fan lol I know I know Pirates suck lol they can t even lose enough games to get the first pick.

PS

thanks again for the tip.

Whats worse is I am now living in the DC area. Talk about bad teams. Good thing is the Cards play here at least once a year.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Things should be lookin up for the Nationals soon, They got that stephen strasberg in the last draft and in the up coming draft they will get that bryce harper and they just got morgan from the pirates this year not that 3 players make up a team but at least they go for the big name players in the drafts unlike the pirates who waste a #3 pick on someone supposed to go late in the first round. lol

OK enough about baseball now maybe

Whats worse is I am now living in the DC area. Talk about bad teams. Good thing is the Cards play here at least once a year.

Archived