Second Skin Audio

Final Draft

Think this is def the box ill end up building, will prob get wood in the next few days, just seeing if anyone sees anything wrong with this. Will be mounted in ext cab truck just like you see it. Details on picture. Port area is 12" which i think is just about right for a 0.8 cube box.

232323.jpg

Edited by kfx450r

Think this is def the box ill end up building, will prob get wood in the next few days, just seeing if anyone sees anything wrong with this. Will be mounted in ext cab truck just like you see it. Details on picture. Port area is 12" which i think is just about right for a 0.8 cube box.

232323.jpg

Crazy port going on that thing. If you manage to get all those as 45's, I'd be impressed. Wouldn't be as difficult if you did resin 45's. Just insanely time consuming. Looks real good though. Can't wait to see it built!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

All you need to do is open your port up and recalculate the tuning.

You never want to curve your port if you don't absolutely have to. Air is a fluid, like water. Imagine water trying to flow through that port and you will get an idea of what will happen with air. It crashes into corners and created turbulence; which is the enemy of efficiency.

With a box that long, you are going to want straighten that port up a lot. You may need 1 bend, if that.

yeah i'd redesign the port. doesnt have to be 12" wide. you can maintain the same port area, just redo the dimensions. and yeah...i'd make it bend once and just go the length of the back wall. you may want to reposition the sub as well to keep it as far away from the port opening as you can

Thanks for tips..Also cant go back wall because its a 34" long port..starting at bottom and going up back wall is too short by about 3 inches. Unless i went from the bottom , came along back wall and then along top of the box 3 inches or so..2 turns..and positioned the sub in the middle of the box?

Edited by kfx450r