So u didn't use any type of wood glue?? Just use caulk and a caulking gun?? If so then you'll definitely wanna hold off on doing a big setup like the one you have planned for the future. Wood glue is stronger than the wood itself and screws/nails aren't really needed because it does hold so strong.

Also with your planned "big" setup for the future, why would u run Type-Xs?? For the money you can find much better performing subs that will get much louder and as long as everything is built right they will still sound very good. But before you do jump into a big setup like that, I'd work on your basic box building skills and do a ton of reading around the forums, asking questions, or just read through bcae1.com.

Box looks good for the most part though(most people paint the port black, before it's all built).

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

So u didn't use any type of wood glue?? Just use caulk and a caulking gun?? If so then you'll definitely wanna hold off on doing a big setup like the one you have planned for the future. Wood glue is stronger than the wood itself and screws/nails aren't really needed because it does hold so strong.

Also with your planned "big" setup for the future, why would u run Type-Xs?? For the money you can find much better performing subs that will get much louder and as long as everything is built right they will still sound very good. But before you do jump into a big setup like that, I'd work on your basic box building skills and do a ton of reading around the forums, asking questions, or just read through bcae1.com.

Box looks good for the most part though(most people paint the port black, before it's all built).

o tru i was to lazy to paint the port black lol it took all day to build and we just wanted 2 connect it already lol but it soudns really clean and loud at the same time

also after we used a cockin gun we made suer that there was no air leeks and the only leek we found was were the speaker terminal was so we sealed it up and now theres no airleeks

Vehicle:2002 Toyota sequoia limited edition

Subwoofer:American bass xfl 12soon to be vfl comp

Amp:2American bass phantom 4ks 4000rms (using one fornow)

Headunit:Alpine cda 105

TL scre:141.75 at 35hz going to try to get it to a 45 with the new build!

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

Do you have your gain up on the amp? usually if it's past 11 on this amplifier, with the sub pulling about 550 watts (if you have it wired to 2 ohms) the amp will shut off quickly. Make sure not to mount the amp to a surface with carpet under it, if you do, make sure there is plenty of clearance for the amp to breath. I have 2 extra 80mm computer fans blowing into the output slots on my amp, keeps it cool and i have my gain to about 14. I screwed the amp to the back of my box with rubber washers, ranging in size to absorb vibrations and elevate the amplifier from the base of the mount. Also, what gauge of wiring are you running for this setup right now, and what do you plan on running for the 6 12"s?

my amp is mounted under the seat but it doesnt cut off as much anymore cuz i have the ac goin to it (ddoesnt help so much but atleast its gettin mroe air) lol ya the amp is at 2 ohms is ur amp also at 2ohms ? wut sub do u have it connected to and for the six 12s the box will be prob around 10cubic feet and its goin to be a transmission line did some research and appearntly tlines sound the best for the lows

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

my amp is mounted under the seat but it doesnt cut off as much anymore cuz i have the ac goin to it (ddoesnt help so much but atleast its gettin mroe air) lol ya the amp is at 2 ohms is ur amp also at 2ohms ? wut sub do u have it connected to and for the six 12s the box will be prob around 10cubic feet and its goin to be a transmission line did some research and appearntly tlines sound the best for the lows

You won't be able to fit a t-line for 6 12's in a car. I wouldn't have been able to fit one for 2 12's in my Grand Prix. a 10ft3 box would be decent though, tuned to about 32-35Hz.

Too many projects, too little time...

You won't be able to fit a t-line for 6 12's in a car. I wouldn't have been able to fit one for 2 12's in my Grand Prix. a 10ft3 box would be decent though, tuned to about 32-35Hz.

o tru ya im gonnna tune the box really low prob around 27hz so i can have the best sq with the low notes cuz thats wwut im crazy for lol

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

you have alot to learn pal

go check out some of the big builds on here for ideas before you go start downgrading your subs. (the x is a fantastic sq woofer. not nearly the best or best value, and the type r is friggin louder anyway. higher sensitivity ftw)

and dont use caulk, the glue is there structurally, not to stop leaks. glue on wood is like a weld on metal. you wouldnt just ducttape your car together now would you?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

you have alot to learn pal

go check out some of the big builds on here for ideas before you go start downgrading your subs. (the x is a fantastic sq woofer. not nearly the best or best value, and the type r is friggin louder anyway. higher sensitivity ftw)

and dont use caulk, the glue is there structurally, not to stop leaks. glue on wood is like a weld on metal. you wouldnt just ducttape your car together now would you?

o tru y would i ductape my car together lol i checked for air leeks and everything seems to be fing but i plan to go big for my next build still deciding wut to get but i chose type xs cuz i hear they can go lower but idk for sure tho i might end up gettin 6 fi ssd 15s and tune it real low but for the amps it will def be diablo audio technologies

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

what everyone is trying to tell you is that woodglue is STRONGER than MDF once it drys. So you if glue 2 peice of MDF together, the wood will break before the seam does, caulk doesnt do anything structally, and even then, your only sealing the seams of the box, MDF is breathable so your whole box is an air leak unless you resin the inside of it.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

what everyone is trying to tell you is that woodglue is STRONGER than MDF once it drys. So you if glue 2 peice of MDF together, the wood will break before the seam does, caulk doesnt do anything structally, and even then, your only sealing the seams of the box, MDF is breathable so your whole box is an air leak unless you resin the inside of it.

o tru well ihad som1 check for air leeks and they said theres not a single bit or airl leeks so ya lol

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

o tru well ihad som1 check for air leeks and they said theres not a single bit or airl leeks so ya lol

take the advice that you are given and learn from it . not take it and say oh so and so said this.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived