Mechman Alternators

Hey guys I just got a 1972 Cutlass. I have been trying to find stuff to upgrade and now I am to the alternator. I was going to go oem but then I found this site. With the subs and amp I plan to buy I think I may need one of the ho's. Im looking at 2 RE SXXX 12's and a XT1600. What alternator do you recommend and how much does it cost. Thanks.

Hey guys I just got a 1972 Cutlass. I have been trying to find stuff to upgrade and now I am to the alternator. I was going to go oem but then I found this site. With the subs and amp I plan to buy I think I may need one of the ho's. Im looking at 2 RE SXXX 12's and a XT1600. What alternator do you recommend and how much does it cost. Thanks.

The biggest problem with a 72 cutlass is that it only uses a single v-belt to drive the alternator. This type of belt starts slipping beyond about 175 amps of load with the belt wrap that is on that vehicle. The largest that you can run without belt slip being rediculous is 200 amps. We have a very unique large case conversion kit that bolts right in place of your small-case delco alternator, that will have infinitely better output at idle than any HO small case alternator. It does about 220 amps peak with over 130 amps by 800 rpm engine speed. Right now the kit is on sale for only $299, and it fits much easier than the popular large case GM swap that many people do on earlier vehicles. It also includes 0 gauge terminals for the alt at no additional cost. Includes Dyno sheet and one year warranty.

1-888-MECHMAN

[email protected]