These things will end up in the hole of the diaphragm. First 3 aluminum bars of 10 mm thick.

DSC01176_resize.jpg

Here I had to have a clean flat side of 4 centimeters aprox.

I put them next to each other, screwed them tight(for safety), and stretched them out.

Then I planted in the uppermill, and milled a flat side.

DSC01178_resize.jpg

DSC01179_resize.jpg

On the top of the bars you could see I screwed them, so afterwards...I disced this off..

DSC01180_resize.jpg

I divided this equaly, and tightened this on the back.

DSC01184_resize.jpg

Now you can see why I needed a flat side

DSC01185_resize.jpg

Once I had this, I screwed on a piece of aluminum tube of 10cm diameters.

This tube will get much shorter, but now, I don't know how much exactly...

DSC01204_resize.jpg

Here the frontview, looks a bit like a little nuclear reactor or so.

DSC01203_resize.jpg

This was the easy part...and now I have to make something to get in that tube.

And I think it's gonna be... COOL. (i hope)

answers my question... very cool, very impressed

Cuz i'm not good in english, I always send an email to a friend who tranlates these messages, then I write a reply, have it translated, and post it here.

That's why it can take a while before you see a reply here same for your last question :

No, the diafragma will not close all the way.

(i'm chatting with a friend who translated my message right away, sorry, but next time you'll need

to have a little more patience)

i know the cars sick.. but wats up with her toe?(the one next to the big toe is alot longer... lol) but other then that the sickest build on smd

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! this picture scares me....her heel is soooo close to a pretty expensive speaker.... :blink: MOVE YO FOOT FOOL! lol..

but anyways, amazing craftmanship in this build! using the copper rods for speaker wire is just insane! lol

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

Yo buddy... your translator didn't translate my jive-english.... it answered, as in the follow up pictures answered why it was not closing all the way... not that i was demanding an answer.... now would i do that to you???? :)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Are you able to stop it when have desired diameter, or does it just open and close??? Is it basically used for deciding the amount of in-cab air pressure for certain songs for better sound quality???

This is just to make an ‘ordinary’ hole, into a ‘more special’ hole.

You don’t need to search another explanation behind it…

simple

Are you able to stop it when have desired diameter, or does it just open and close??? Is it basically used for deciding the amount of in-cab air pressure for certain songs for better sound quality???

This is just to make an ‘ordinary’ hole, into a ‘more special’ hole.

You don’t need to search another explanation behind it…

simple

Hey,

Had to sign up and show my appreciation give you a big thank you for taking the time and effort to share your efforts and techniques with everyone.

Your entire write up has left me in awe and amazement.

I have enjoyed it thoroughly and hope you continue to share more of your works of art.

Thank You.

Regards,

Benjamin...

Thanks dude, trying my best, and making it as special as possible.

Ive been busy milling some rings in aluminum for the diaphragm, and believe me, many hours have passed.

This is a ring of 8mm thick that will get into the middle, around the big tube.

How I make a ring, you all should know by know, but here you can see how I made a flange on it.

DSC01219_resize.jpg

Its super easy to do so. You take a right mill, and take a little plank of mdf wood.

DSC01210_resize.jpg

This plank you put on top of the mill.

DSC01212_resize.jpg

By pulling the plank away, the mill gets free on the front…and here you keep on the aluminum piece.

Its kind of a glider you have.

Here you can see the result, and you can see the MDF ring is still mounted on. This one stays on, so I can get a better grip on the part.

DSC01214_resize.jpg

One ring finished

DSC01219_resize.jpg

This little ring will get on the inside, and I made this of anodized material. Did this to have some contrast.

DSC01225_resize.jpg

The upper ring needs to be abdraded firmly now, cause Im going to polish it.

DSC01277_resize.jpg

Here you can see how itll look. In the centre in the middle, a logo or so will be added, but still dont know what …

DSC01280_resize.jpg

Then I started again but making the middle ring.

Measured correctly, and made it with MDF at first. Drawed it out on 8mm aluminum, and sawed it out. Taped them on each other, and held it to the mill.

DSC01228_resize.jpg

DSC01231_resize.jpg

Archived