What's the cone for technicly? Looks?if so, it shure does look badass!!

Yea it sits inside his amp rack/ccover :)

Christ Rob that thing looks nice :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

When I made the decision to replace the PPI with 2 JL audio’s, I knew it wasn’t going to be an easy job.

There will be people who like the choice of materials, and people who won’t like them…but I don’t mind.

But as for the design, I had to compete against mysellf and a couple of thousands of fans…and didn’t want to disappoint them offcoure.

Here a serie of pictures of how it turned out in the end.

First some pics of how it looked with the PPI, so you can see the differences.

DSC00492_resize-1.jpg

DSC00557_resize-1.jpg

DSC00676_resize-1.jpg

That’s how it is now, and how it will remain.

DSC04140_resize.jpg

DSC04151_resize.jpg

DSC04178_resize.jpg

Here you can see I excluded the little aluminium bars in the middle part of the cover. The middle one I couldn’t use, since the cone is standing there now, and the other 2 made it a bit to crowdy for me.

DSC04226_resize.jpg

DSC04414_resize.jpg

DSC04237_resize.jpg

The carbon plate where the cone is placed on, is screwed tight with 6 screws with are added to mount the amplifiers.

DSC04443_resize.jpg

DSC04186_resize.jpg

DSC04200_resize.jpg

The aluminium point on the end is screwed into the cone with a m5 bolt

DSC04189_resize.jpg

Here some blue light

DSC04289_resize.jpg

DSC04282_resize.jpg

DSC04283_resize.jpg

DSC04306_resize.jpg

And on the sides you see the white light of the neon behind the logo.

DSC04216_resize.jpg

DSC04204_resize.jpg

DSC04307_resize.jpg

DSC04312_resize.jpg

OOOOOO YEAHHHHH

DSC04311_resize.jpg

DSC04322_resize.jpg

This is nearly the end of one of the many parts in the install.

According to the real finish: the aluminum will get repolished, and chromed afterwards.

About the cover: it’s possible I remove the bars left and right, to see if that looks even more tight.

Now I’m going to mount this all into the trunk, and adjust the springs who help the box to go up and down, cause the weight is slightly different now.

damn thats some super fine work just to stop your bumper getting scratched lol, i think you have way too much time/money on your hands lol

i also think ive run out of words to describe how crazy awesome this install is

Indeed, it got a bit out of control, but I’m very pleased with the result. :drinks:

haha, yay your back lol, now come on i wanna see this damn system installed!! :P

that cover is freekin schweet lol

Stay calm and easy dude, there are some nice things too come. :pardon:

thats so pretty I wouldnt mind having that on my wall to stare at. :drinks:

When you come over, I’ll get some beers, and we can stare together.

And yes, besides Kim Clijsters we also have the best beers in the world here. :drink40::drink40:

The detail of your work is first rate. This is the first time that I have seen this build and I just spent the last 2 hours going through all 31 pages and I loved everyone of them. :good: I cant wait to see what you do next. I am now one of the many watching and waiting to see your progress on this beautiful BMW. What you did with the JL amps is the best. When I saw the first photo of the amp under the saw I was thinking what is he doing he must be joking. I didn't realize that you had gutted the amps. Hahahahah for a second I thought you were cutting the whole amp in half hahahahaha. Love what you did with them though. Thanks for sharing your artwork. Your work is an inspiration. :drinks:

Edit: had to correct come spelling still kind of dizzy from the amazing work.

2 hours to read 31 pages? Then you’re a fast reader.

Hopefully I can add another 31 pages , so we can have some more fun dude

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:popcorn: dude your work is flat out amazing, i wish i could be that good in the future at machining (still in training)

Keep going for it, keep training, and it’ll work out fine.

You must come and post here more often. Your avatar is making me wild man.

For here I would like to make something special in carbon fibre

bouncing2os.gif

Rob your workshop is damn clean dude, you should throw up a few pics of it, looks nice, great idea and as always perfect attention to detail for even the tiny tasks, you sir are freekin' epic xD

Keep up the fine work, cant wait to see what this catch is :P

A clean working place is one of the most important things before I start working.

It doesn’t last long when I start milling, or abrading some filler, but still….

That’s why I don’t like things standing and laying around that don’t belong here.

There must be ZEN in my working place

:drinks:

im still drooling over this car

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Ice cold beer is the way to get me anywhere, So much that my kids got me a home brew kit for fathers day. Man I would like to know what i have to do to get the extra you have :drink40::drink40:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

that amp rack/cover is looking amazing Rob my friend :) this is my fav build on this forum and i have seen a shitload of builds lol

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Archived