MXmike800 Posted October 4, 2009 Report Posted October 4, 2009 $650 for a BOX? better come with a woofer then and maybe even an amp
DillKil10 Posted October 5, 2009 Author Report Posted October 5, 2009 omg you guys are ridiculous! I AM NOT paying $650 for this box. i am getting it for less than half that price. and no the box will not break it's made of 1" mdf and is custom made to fit your dimensions of your car and subwoofer. i am simply asking about the labyrinth port? anybody know if it is mainly for weaker subs to make them sound better, but if i have a great sub with lots of power to it would a regular slot port be better for spl?
Boon Posted October 5, 2009 Report Posted October 5, 2009 would a regular slot port be better for spl? Yes. Labyrinth ports are fairly restrictive. I don't know why they crap on about them so much. It's just a folded slot port. It's nothing special. 10.x volts fo' life!
Nic Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 650$ is the 18" box.... he wants a 15 so its only 520$..... your better off becoming a weekend warrior and gettin on the DIY train... unless you got alot of $$$ burning a hole in your pocket... Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps
alvitae Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 First of all my experiance with an Obcon wasn't good. My Diamond audio 15 on 2k watts blew mine apart fairly quick. Second of all even at half price that is pretty expensive for a box. i got a custom box fiberglassed and braced designed and build from a good spl competitor for a lot less money than the half price of that box. Now to the port. I had a labyrinth design box. The thing pounded. I think because the port was so long I was able to put more power to my subs. They stayed loaded well. I was running double rms daily to my subs and never had a problem.
devsmazduh Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 i dont see how theyre making labyrinth ports such a big deal. it only lowers the tuning. gaaaaaaaar ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...
Cr@sh Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 It's getting fucking deep. Thats the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! My old install at cardomain, never finished!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.