Another Tahoe Build 18KW (RF) - 4 18"(FI BTL)

Thanks to all for the kind responses and constructive criticism. Let me set the record straight at this point so everyone will be on board.

1- I am planning to post some vibs, just haven’t got the time right know.

2- As stated in the beginning of this build, yes this build was inspired by Steve. I am not competing with anyone. I liked what Steve did and did MY version.

3- Mounting the batteries in the box is no difference then notching the back of the box and putting them there. My way, I don’t take as much hit on box volume reduction.

4- I haven’t had any problems with mounting the amps in the position that they are in know. I routinely check the T-bolts to make sure they are tight and secure. Heat has not been an issue either. This Tahoe is equipped with a rear AC unit. I am already working to reroute the exhaust from this unit, pump up to a vent on the pass side and pump across the amps.

5- I am located in Bham.

Thanks again for looking.

sick build!! i really like the rear buss bars, very clean and simple. Where are the vids??

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

quoted out of a T2500 owners manual on RF.com......

Mounting the amplifier vertically will provide adequate cooling of the amplifier.

Mounting the amplifier on the floor of the trunk will provide the best cooling of the amplifier.

Mounting the amplifier upside down to the rear deck of the trunk will not provide proper cooling and will

severely affect the performance of the amplifier and is strongly not recommended.

For the record, my amps are not mounted upside down in a trunk, which I would not recommend. My amps are mounted in a passenger compartment.

FYI.

My avatar is from the USVI. My wife, g@# damn hot, and I have been there like 7 times. Going again in 2010, been married 9 years.

All inclusive, happy hour starts at 11AM.

Everything a man could want; a Tahoe that breaks nuts, and a hot ass women that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!

Great build dude. I'm just sitting hear taking notes. You da man. :good:

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Great build dude. I'm just sitting hear taking notes. You da man. :good:

Thanks, BB39.

I am not the man, but I appriciate the kind words. In all my years of installing, Steve is about the best I have seen. The attention to detail is what makes a good installer great.

I have got to get some vibs up. My camera sucks dunkey a%$. What is a good camera to take a vib with?

Everytime I do a demo, the people run for cover!!!!!!

Archived