Sonic Electronix

So lets say I have an 18" BTL and want to run 2 audique 2200's to it @ 1ohm, would I wire the amps like this or please correct me if I'm wrong.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

So lets say I have an 18" BTL and want to run 2 audique 2200's to it @ 1ohm, would I wire the amps like this or please correct me if I'm wrong.

questionh.png

Edit- Do 2 amps linked have to be @ 2ohm?

That image is not right at all, unless your goal is smoke!

I gather what you are trying to do, There is strapping and linking. Some say its the same, I tend to think of "linking" as something you do with the RF amps, something where you pass the signal from a MASTER amp to all the slave amps. When linking you can use however many amps you want in the daisy chain effect. Each amp gets a speaker wired directly to it.

Strapping is what is done with a pair of matching amps. This is what Im assuming you are wanting to do.

If you strapped two 1 ohm stable amps the new stable impedance becomes 2 ohms for the pair. However each amp will still be played at a 1 ohm impedance/ohm.

Most strappable amps are strapped the same way, tho some companies have different settings needed.

For the most part you link the negative speaker output terminals together from master amp to slave amp. Its a good idea to connect both negative speaker outputs together using 8-10 gauge wire no longer then 16 inches long.

You use the Positive speaker output on the master amp to go to the positive of the speaker.

You use the Positive speaker output on the slave amp to go to the negative of the speaker.

(you use both positives on both amps to connect the speakers, again the negatives get wired together).

As for settings, Your master amp is usually the one that gets the RCA cords plugged in from your head unit. On this amp there will be a master/slave switch and you want to put it on master.

Your slave amp uses a jumper rca cord from your master amp to your slave amp. You also flip the switch to slave.

You only set the Gain, SSF, LPF on the master amp, and you leave the slave amps settings alone, except for the phase shift which may need to be 180degrees on some amps.

In this image, my master amp would be the one on the right, slave amp on the left.

10-18-08_1748.jpg

SAZ-1500D_Strapping2.jpg

Also just noticed that you used a dual 2 ohm sub for your image.

That would be a 1 ohm strapped load when wired correct. Which is .5 ohms per amp, which isnt a good idea unless you have great electrical reservers such as alternator and some good batteries.

You would need a dual 4 ohm sub wired in parallel for a 2 ohm load.

Or a dual 1 ohm sub wired in series for a 2 ohm load.

Good thing I don't have them yet. Ahaha. Thank you. :friends:

As for wiring the subs up though, I will want to wire them to draw @ 2ohms yes?

Edit- Answered my question above. Thank you.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Archived