Sonic Electronix

Ok. Try to bare with me here. I am in Okinawa, and my boy has a nice Supra. He bought it and everything worked fine. He has aftermarket speakers in the dash and in the rear side panels. He also has a component amplifer from Kenwood I believe. It is one of those 4/3/2 amps. He had all of the speakers hooked up and they were working great but wanted a subwoofer hooked up so he let his boy hook him up. Well his friend hooked it all up and gave him back the car and said here man...Now all you have to do is hook up the speakers now.

So I get called to the situation. What I see is a subwoofer hooked up bridged on one of the channels on the component amplifier. No other speakers are hooked up besides the factory tweeters above the dash board. I took the speaker wires and touched them on the amplifier and they are really low and distorted. I tried taking the sub off of the amplifier and hooking the speakers up on the amp in all sorts of different ways and the end result is still the same..Low and distorted. I am come to the conclusion that maybe the rca's are on the subwoofer outputs in the rear of the head unit. He did say that the friend did take out the head unit and moved the rca wires. So does that mean that if I put the rca's back to the other side which should be L and R or Front or something other than Sub, then it should be fine from there and ole boy needs to get a subwoofer amplifier and hook it up right and the distortion should stop right? or Wrong?

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Yea, that is what I planned on doing. Pull the head unit out and swap the rca's. If it is still doesn't work, then I will post what it is doing. I just wanted to make sure I am on track here. I am not the audio pro. I know enough to get by.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Archived