Second Skin Audio

Cheap enclosure sealing options

I would say with confidence that a solid board of .75" MDF or good quality bitch/oak ply will not "leak" air.

-Drew

**Bad quality ply with horrible voids may leak air... you get what you pay for

i think your talking about something else there...lmao...

anyways... yeah but the white stuff isnt stretchy like the clear stuff...lol...

but yeah... i think resin is the best way to go...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i think it takes a lot of pressure for the air to actually go through the wood anyways. and if it's ported...all the pressure is going out of the port instead. not pent up inside the box. always good to take precautions...but i have never bothered with it. it wouldnt be audible anyways unless there was a leak in a corner somewhere

Prolli because that enclosure is wayy to small for those 12s... Might wanna take more time on your enclosures or have someone else design them at least in the future.

The 12s dont sound as bad in it. Actually the enclosure is right around what Alpine recommends for them. ANyhow, once it dries out a 4cube box is getting cut glued and thrown in.

I just don't get how kids can have these stupid prefab ported boxes with two Sony tens off a Jensen 300w amp and be much louder and sound much better than mine does. Its aggravating.

Too many projects, too little time...

For type-arrrggghhh 12s run 2.3ft3 @ 34hz w/ 32sq in of port per woofer, proven in a few setups I've done to be the best daily box we found.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Box I have planned out is 4.25 gross, a little more after port (I assumed the entire back wall would be port in gross volume) tuned to about 32Hz common chamber. I have heard different ideas about the size so I figured go on the big side and if it sucks I could stack up a floor inside or something to take up space. Adds room for bracing too if I need it (probably not?)

Too many projects, too little time...