Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Calling All Box Desingers!!!


white513

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey my name is Matt.

I already asked for box designs and got some good designs, but I asked in the wrong section. I figured I should ask in this section now. I have 2 15'' MTX Thunder 4500s and my max specs are 40 inches long 20 inches high and 20 inches deep.

Here is my previous post. I would also like to have the port at the bottom of the box. And i definitely want some of these :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

Thank you, Matt

2006 GMC Envoy

2 15'' MTX Thunder 4500

BOSE Audio

Posted

G/l doing a hairtrick w/ 2 4500 15s... A lil too buzzed right now to do a design, but something like 7-8ft3 @ 34hz w/ 100sq in of port would be perfect. If you can fit something of that size.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted

u cant have the port all the way along the bottom... too much friction/ur breaking the 1:8-9 rule

example

if port is 2 inches wide the max the height should be is 16-18"

u have 7.6cuft before any displacement

ur not gonna get hairtricks off that equipment, it takes mroe than that

6.17cuft@33hz is what i worked out with those dimensions

12sqin/cuft... 74sqin port

4" wide port on either side of box

port piece 1 is 14.5"

port piece 2 is .75"

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3430 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...