New exhaust system on my 84 olds delta88

so, I just bought this car off a friend of mine, needs a new exhaust system, the intake manifold looks bad, the carb definitly needs rebuilt.

so im tackling jobs one at a time, for this week, I wanna get the new exhaust system done, the engine on this car in question is a Olds 307, it wasnt the stock block, I cant remember what he said it was pulled out of, and the tranny thats bonded with it is a THM400, which, this combo will definitly have some power to it, so I want it to sound real good, right?

I want that deep olds sound, anyone know of a good system I Should throw on it? I was thinking flowmasters, maybe 3" pipe, what do you think I should go with?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

I wouldn't go 3".. That's loud, even for my standards. I'd go 2.5" true duals all the way back from the exhaust manifolds. Flowmaster makes some nice mufflers that are real mellow in the lower RPM range but get plenty loud when you step on it. Just check out their website. Borla and Dynomax make some nice mufflers too but nothing that I've owned so I can't comment. And I wouldn't expect too much out of a 307 Olds. If anything save up and swap in a 350 Rocket engine or at least look into it. I think it'd be cheaper to make the same power in the long run.

3" sounds too hollow IMO. Go 2.5". Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Cherrybomb. All good choices, but I've never used a Flowmaster or Magnaflow, so I can't comment on them.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I wouldn't go 3".. That's loud, even for my standards. I'd go 2.5" true duals all the way back from the exhaust manifolds. Flowmaster makes some nice mufflers that are real mellow in the lower RPM range but get plenty loud when you step on it. Just check out their website. Borla and Dynomax make some nice mufflers too but nothing that I've owned so I can't comment. And I wouldn't expect too much out of a 307 Olds. If anything save up and swap in a 350 Rocket engine or at least look into it. I think it'd be cheaper to make the same power in the long run.

theres a rocket 455 there that im probably gonna buy off him, I know it would do nice in the car, but I dont want to start a project like that on this car till next summer ^^;

my goal currently is to make her street legal ^^

well, she wont be very legal once I get all them HDC3 15s in it ;3

(me defacing a muscle car with subwoofers? Nothing you havent seen before, bigger engine gives me more power for more alts)

so, say... 2.5" pipes with Super 44s true dual w/h pipe?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

theres a rocket 455 there that im probably gonna buy off him, I know it would do nice in the car, but I dont want to start a project like that on this car till next summer ^^;

my goal currently is to make her street legal ^^

well, she wont be very legal once I get all them HDC3 15s in it ;3

(me defacing a muscle car with subwoofers? Nothing you havent seen before, bigger engine gives me more power for more alts)

Yeah that sounds like a good combo. And there's nothing wrong with subs in a musclecar... I'm putting one or two or four in mine. It just has to be tasteful IMO.I hate musclecars that have rattling trunks

I have the reg 40 series in my 4.6 94 Grand Marq, 2.5" pipes, true dual in turndowns under the center...I like how it sounds (NICE rumble kinda similar to a truck), but it could be a bit louder with that same rumble IMO. I don't know how much more power your motor has, or how much more of a performance motor yours is than mine, but i've heard that the Super 44s are actually quieter than standard 40, and I've also heard that they're much louder. I'd do more research, maybe just contact Flowmaster directly.

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

• 3 weeks later...

unless you are definitely going to a bigger motor stick with dual 2.25" piping... you want good exhaust velocity and too big of a pipe will hurt that...

as far as the mufflers go its a personal choice...... unless you modify the crossmember you cannot run true duals in that car (flattening pipe on drivers side works)

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

• 2 weeks later...

not trying to be a douch but an 84 delta 88 boat is no muscle car lol, but you don't wanna go with anything over 2.5 or you will lose power, 3" exhaust is for big motors with performance upgrades.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

not trying to be a douch but an 84 delta 88 boat is no muscle car lol, but you don't wanna go with anything over 2.5 or you will lose power, 3" exhaust is for big motors with performance upgrades.

ive made plenty of people look and feel quite retarded when they made the same assumption as you...... :spiteful:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio