Second Skin Audio

REcone & Motor Q&A'S?

lets say you have a blown subwoofer. that means the voice coil and surround is no good and you have to take it out and get it reconed?

So if i have the magnet part of a orion Subwoofer (this is the motor right) with 3" voice coils

If i wanted to make my own sub by combining parts from other woofers i could right just as long as it 3"vc?

Like if i buy a RE basket and vc of 3" recone kit. i could screw the New basket on to my orion motor and just re cone it right?

i always hear of ppl making their own woofers i wanna try.

even though you may say its not a good idea can have a input on this i wanna understand it.

thanks

yeah see their is more to it that i wanna know. care to explain. i know foreverbumping rebuilds subs.

I think different subs have varying Gap tolerences, as the coil you have may fit too snug or to loose.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

so the vc thickness would play a factor. And when ppl say their overpowering ther sub is it the Spiders or VC that is getting damaged. Is there any Way to blow a motor or can you over power it?

Dont quote me but I believe Motors aka the Mags dont fail rather the soft parts such as coils, spiders, or tinsel leads fail, hence why when people get recones they keep the same motor and replace all the softparts, and they may do this 10+ times using the same Motor Assembely.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

no u cant blow a motor...

overpowering can damage any soft parts...coil, spiders, cone, surround, tinsels...just depends on which one goes first

Ya probably the only way you will have a motor fail on you, is if you drop it then it will probably crack LOL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ