Sq Headunit/processors Vs In-car Computer....

chewy

Okay.... so i've been told that if i want full 7.1 decoding that they don't make a good headunit that does it however signal processors in a combo i'm told will do it. I'm curious if anyone has anythoughts on running a creative labs card or similar in a micro computer, if i would recieve better results.... ??

-chewy

www.GatelyAudio.com

nope i havent seen 7.1 in a car yet.... hey where are you going to put the all the speakers? Hopefully this will be in an SUV because IMO anthing over 5.1 in a small space gets tricky

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 2 months later...
Guest MegaloManiac

meh surround sound in a car is unnecessary IMO. Do you really sit in your car and watch a movie? If you do watch a movie in the car I bet its only because you are waiting for something/someone.

Consider Creative sound cards as "main-stream". They are good but better can be found. With a carputer tuning capabilities in the future will be endless. bu as of right now there isnt an all-in-one unit to do the job. I've seen a lot of people using the H701 combo while using carputer, mainly because of the 4 way and optical audio input :)

I have a carputer myself. currently its down due to me buying a cheap lcd. but it was great. Although i desperately needed a new soundcard.

lol ya surround sound has been a damn pain and i havent even got it close to done... but fuck it if thats what you want go for it (i am)... hey megalo have you seen a card with 6 rca outs for 5.1?

Ive been reading alot on mp3car so im not as noob as i used to be but still quite bad

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac

you wont find a soundcard with analog outputs like that. if you plan to use a carputer than digital output is what you'll find best. you will need a good DAC though or find a processor with a digital input, such as the alpine h701.

and i still feel 5.1 is completely unnecessary in the car.

what the hell is a dac? i have 2 360.2 processors and theres no digital inputs on those (otherwise this would be easy)

i searched for one on google and didnt find much of anything (for audio at least) do you have a idea of where i could get one or a brand name or somethin... im using the 360.2 processors so a straight up digital input is a no no

i wanted the surround sound is for 5.1 mixes and the higher end uk house with 3d/spacial mixing in it :-) ... hence the lower end JVC KD-ADV5380 that has no screen on it that i'll probably never hook up to one but it still reads dvds

:-)

Archived