nickjagger Posted October 12, 2009 Report Posted October 12, 2009 did some work for a good friends jeep in trade for some audio stuff. He was sponsored by a local shop here in town who makes all the TREO brand. Always had mixed opinions about their products but whatever. Basically now i have a 300/4 treo amp, 2 3200w/1 at @1ohm treo amps, alpine type x 3way component set, epicenter/eq line driver, and a 80a 110v power supply. Im looking for some info or opinions on the alpine x components, how good are they. I had the type r 2way comps but wasnt too impressed by the sound, are the x's much better? My plans are for a subaru wagon, orion hcca 15 and one of the 3200w amps, type x comps hooked to the 300/4 and my alpine 9851 hu sitting around. I know i scored this stuff for basically nothing but how good is it really...anyone know?
wilesH3 Posted October 12, 2009 Report Posted October 12, 2009 did some work for a good friends jeep in trade for some audio stuff. He was sponsored by a local shop here in town who makes all the TREO brand. Always had mixed opinions about their products but whatever. Basically now i have a 300/4 treo amp, 2 3200w/1 at @1ohm treo amps, alpine type x 3way component set, epicenter/eq line driver, and a 80a 110v power supply. Im looking for some info or opinions on the alpine x components, how good are they. I had the type r 2way comps but wasnt too impressed by the sound, are the x's much better? My plans are for a subaru wagon, orion hcca 15 and one of the 3200w amps, type x comps hooked to the 300/4 and my alpine 9851 hu sitting around. I know i scored this stuff for basically nothing but how good is it really...anyone know? I had the SPX-177Rs and I didnt care for them. I thought the xovers were a pain in the @ss,tweeters also sounded to pingy for me. Just my .02. Im sure some others will chim in.
abervintageman42 Posted October 14, 2009 Report Posted October 14, 2009 wtf did you do to get all that equipment?
nickjagger Posted October 15, 2009 Author Report Posted October 15, 2009 its a good friend of mine who used to do competitions and now has no use for it. So i replaced his cj7 heater core, rerouted all the factory wires in the dash to clean it up some, quick tune up....not much work for what i got in return
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.