Sundown Audio

what amp for my components

ok i just bought two sets of rockford fosgate T152S... was wondering what rockford amps i should get to power these? what bout a rf t400-4?? or a rockford t800-4? or two of the t400-4. i really dont know much bout components or amping them just kind of a learn as i go thing lol. any info is much apperciated.. thanks. o and it has to be a rf thing..kinda a matching thing lol.

If money is an issue I'd go with the 4004, but the 8004 is definately the better choice. You can even use the amp's onboard crossover to run the comps actively if you wanted to. I'd actually reccomend that, but you have to be careful cause you'll lose your tweeter protection that way.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If money is an issue I'd go with the 4004, but the 8004 is definately the better choice. You can even use the amp's onboard crossover to run the comps actively if you wanted to. I'd actually reccomend that, but you have to be careful cause you'll lose your tweeter protection that way.

x2

If anything, you can run them like normal, and have some extra headroom. More headroom=More SQ

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

well money is not that big of a issue lol. i really appreciate your guys help..really dont know to much bout components bout active and what not lol so i guess it will be i good learning experince for me. trial and error right lol.. thats the way you learn well in my case it is.

well money is not that big of a issue lol. i really appreciate your guys help..really dont know to much bout components bout active and what not lol so i guess it will be i good learning experince for me. trial and error right lol.. thats the way you learn well in my case it is.

Active means that you don't use the crossovers that come with the component set and you use either an amp, deck, or seperate electronic crossover to seperate the frequencies with. When you just use the crossover box that comes with the comp set that is a passive setup.

I'm running my Kicker RS65.2 comp set actively off of a Sundown sax50.4 and it sounds much better and cleaner than when I was running passively off of a Cerwin Vega Exl400.4

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Active means that you don't use the crossovers that come with the component set and you use either an amp, deck, or seperate electronic crossover to seperate the frequencies with. When you just use the crossover box that comes with the comp set that is a passive setup.

I'm running my Kicker RS65.2 comp set actively off of a Sundown sax50.4 and it sounds much better and cleaner than when I was running passively off of a Cerwin Vega Exl400.4

ok i kinda get what ya mean by that..ill have to do some looking around on here for some info. but i know if i got any questions i can always ask. thanks for the info